Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New power plant is in!!!

engine24355

Well, what started as a simple spark plug change has ended up with a new 355 power plant. As some of you are aware, I decided to swap out my old stock 350 with a little hotter 355. As of yesterday evening, the new power is up and running. Still have a few things to tie up, but the motor is running good and is growling. Pretty stoked as it sounds and runs much better than the stocker I had before. I will get some pics up soon, but it looks the same on the outside, just has better stuff on the inside (roller rockers etc.). That said, my next step is to switch out the intake for a single carb setup. I decided to try my current dual carb setup, but have since changed my mind and want to go ahead and make the swap since I am in the "swapping" mode...LOL. Therefore, I am going to put my current intake up for sale, but that wil be in another thread. Think I am going to go with a dual plane air gap with a 600 or 650. Really like the Summit packages. Anyone have any experience with these combos? I have used Summit brand stuff in the past and have always liked them, but would like to know your thoughts also. Anyway, long story short is that the silver bullet is once again alive and well and has a little more bite now.

A good engine.....glad to hear you're happy with it........keep us aprised!:cool:

super sweet did you determain what was the problem with the 350 i may be interrested if she needs a new home.

A spare bullet to build as the funds come in and when the warden isnt lookin.

rooster57 said:
super sweet did you determain what was the problem with the 350 i may be interrested if she needs a new home.

The problem was a cracked head, but the block seems to be fine. Obviously it will need to be freshend up. It looks to be a 4 bolt main so if you can get some use out of it let me know.

Hey Rooster, Put a set of Proform roller rockers on set of 2.020 intake heads, get that shortblock, freshen it up with new rings and bearings......if less than 2000 miles....let it ride, put in a warm cam, a proform geardrive.....and enjoy the horsepower!!!!!!!:cool:

Hey Rooster, t-4-2 if he ever gets his stroker to run at a consistent temperature, may wnat to sell his balanced and bluprinted 350, that was in his bucket when I sold it tom him. Don't know what his plans are but it is a heck of a motor, with maybe 1500 mi on it.

AZCOWBO said:
Hey Rooster, t-4-2 if he ever gets his stroker to run at a consistent temperature, may wnat to sell his balanced and bluprinted 350, that was in his bucket when I sold it tom him. Don't know what his plans are but it is a heck of a motor, with maybe 1500 mi on it.
Roost, Now this sounds like a good setup, no need for a bunch of hotRod engine parts to mess with your mileage, as you need no more power, you will get there when the rest do anyway, why take a chance on a ticket? enjoy the RIDE with out the SPEED.. hehe any stock type engine will take you there faster than any stock street car anyway... If the extra power is there, it WILL get used, trust me, I know.:crap:

Ted you sound like my dad . And the longer i live it seems everything he said was right after all . DAD was way off on the first wife though, she was a real Beotch after all. When she left she even took the ice cubes, what kinda woman takes the ice cubes!!!!! Anyways thanks TED.

I was going to say that, but you beat me to it Ted. Do you think the first would "let" Rooster "have" a bucket? That would have been gone too. She'd be driving down the road with the ice cubes and the T.
It'd be an "ice bucket".

John

She took my 70 chevelle SS and left me with a 65 VW bug. But believe it or not it was worth it .

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back