Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

RADIATORS

ford4ever

Hi all! I have question on what everyone is using fot their radiators? I want my bucket to look period correct....but,wow, eight hundred dollars is a ton of $$$. I'm going to run a Ford 347 stroker, about
400 horse. 2500 stall with a c4 auto.

Any help would be great! thanks,
Mark

Hi all! I have question on what everyone is using fot their radiators? I want my bucket to look period correct....but,wow, eight hundred dollars is a ton of $$$. I'm going to run a Ford 347 stroker, about
400 horse. 2500 stall with a c4 auto.

Any help would be great! thanks,
Mark

Since you are a Ford guy I suggest that you look into a Mustang radiator. Many guys are using that in their T's.

Jim

Also, you can get an aluminum copy of a '66 Mustang radiator for about $320.:thumbsup: I got the one for my coupe on Ebay a few years ago; less than half the price of a Walker and I believe it would cool a big block. Trim the flanges down on the sides and, as Ron said, they fit right in a '32 shell.:cool:

If you run that alum radiator, put a nice piece of stainless screen over it to keep the Anti- HotRod Flack outta it going down the road. The only thing bad about alum. is its soft. The flues and tanks are fairly thin and are easy to puncture. Mount accordingly! Great price!

If you run that alum radiator, put a nice piece of stainless screen over it to keep the Anti- HotRod Flack outta it going down the road. The only thing bad about alum. is its soft. The flues and tanks are fairly thin and are easy to puncture. Mount accordingly! Great price!
Yes, thanks for the tip. I plan to put something in front of it, but I haven't decided what yet...

The radiator for a 66 Mustang will cool that. It will fit in our chopped 32 grill shell.
I picked up my '66 Mustang rad at Auto Zone for about $110. If'n I remember correctly, you have to specify the rad for a 289. I haven't got to the install yet, hopefully someone comes through with some detailed pics by then.
Craig

I can take a pic of my 67 mustang radiator. I also purchased mine at an auto store (probably advance auto). It was probably less than 200 if I can remember and was just a basic one. I have had no problem cooling a 351. I can take some pictures if needed but I am sure it has a flat top unlike the curved one above. Not sure if this matters.

I went online to Autozone, they had the 66' Mustang radiator for $122, free shipping, & a $25 gift card. That makes it less than $100.
Thought that was a good deal and pass it along. (part #b130)

Does anyone have a picture of the mustang rad. in there grill shell also what kind of shell would be very helpful. Thanks

There are a bunch of aluminum Mustang radiators on Ebay right now. They range from $118 to $200+. When I bought the one for my '31 Ford coupe it was $319, so prices have come down. If you are running a Chevy engine you will want a '66 Mustang specifically; '64 & '65 have the bottom outlet on the wrong side for Chevy engines.:rolleyes: Whatever size or shape radiator you get, get aluminum if you can. Aluminum cools at least 20% better than brass/copper.:thumbsup:

I'm using this, and it was only $145 shipped from ebay (I made an offer and they accepted). I haven't used it yet but it seems pretty nice to me...

That looks exactly like the one my son has in his '31 Sedan. He bought his about six years ago at the Turkey Run and gave over $200 for it, so you guys got a good deal.:thumbsup:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back