Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

rear diff

terrymac

I recently picked up a Frankland quick change for my bucket. Before I spend a lot of time re-doing my rear suspension any input? Pro's or con's
Thanks Terry

I myself don't have any experience with them, but man it looks like a great setup!

original.jpg

8:24 to 2:80 final drive ratio options...

I have no experience with them either, but I would LOVE to try!! :lol::)

Very nice setups from what I hear. I think Ken Thurm is using these in a couple of his cars and he uses only the very best stuff out there. (See the new Street Rodder, he is featured in there)

Don

I was a crew member of a dirt late model in the early 80s. We ran a Frankland quick change. My involvement was changing gears and making sure it had plenty of Red-Line oil in it. The rear end was tough. We broke a ring gear at one race that jammed and stopped the rear wheels. It broke some suspension pieces but didn't hurt the housing. We put a new ring and pinion in it and were back on the track the next weekend.

I don't know what ring and pinion combinations are available for the Frankland. Speedway sells Winters rear ends and they offer a 3.78 or a 4.12. With the gear sets available you can go from as high as a 1.96 to a low 7.21. You could put in a 21/27 gear set in and have a 2.94 mileage gettin' road gear and then swap the gears top to bottom and have a 4.86 making your T a tire-boiling traffic light to traffic light cop-teasing attention getter. And it would look sexy as hell sitting under there.

I think I would make the modifications and use it. If you decide you don't want to mess with it you can feel free to give it to me. Steve

I don't have another $1200 right now, besides I know of one that has never been used for $50. Fixed incomes can be a bitch.

Ron

I'd run over and get it right now.

You don't have to tell me about fixed incomes. The start of my project keeps getting further and further away. I'm either going to have to win the lottery or find some big breasted woman with loads of money. I'm leaning toward the lottery. I've done the other (except she didn't have any money) and after 26 years of the single life I'm finally getting used to being a "Lone Wolf." Time to seriously consider a part time job. Steve

I've been single for 18 years. My daughter keeps telling me to mingle. I keep telling her I'm too old to break in another woman. So far I'm winning.

The $50 is for a Speedway fake.

Ron

Thanks guys I've got to get this project finished but seems that I keep making changes :razz:. This winter for sure
Terry

When I start a project, I make an out line of what I want on the car. It never fails. The end result is always something different from what I had first envisioned. At the same time , the time frame seems to fall by the wayside.

Ron

Youngster said:
When I start a project, I make an out line of what I want on the car. It never fails. The end result is always something different from what I had first envisioned. At the same time , the time frame seems to fall by the wayside.

Ron

Been there, Done that..........Steve

Yeah I did. I was given a Franklin cover and made the rest from scratch. The covers go for almost as much as the whole thing from Speedway now. If I could find another cover.......

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back