Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

rear differential breather

Johnny

What are you S-10 rear differential guys doing for a breather on the rear end? Is the breather a screw in or is it pressed in? Edumacate me, fellas.

Thanks

i think mine was 1/8 pipe and i went to a gearbox breather . It was just a piece of pipe with a little hood on it .

I left mine alone. It has the factory tube with the little bulge on the end to help retain a piece of rubber tubing. I left the tubing off as I see no need for it in the use of my T.

Jim

Jim i knew their was something about you T thats been bothering me now i know what it it . You dont have a breather tube for your rear end????? How could you let such and important piece of engineering slip past you. Wait till Uncle Ted finds out!!!

SSSSHHHHHHH! Don't tell Uncle Ted... PLEASE!

Jim

I left mine alone. It has the factory tube with the little bulge on the end to help retain a piece of rubber tubing. I left the tubing off as I see no need for it in the use of my T.

Jim

I too left the nipple on but clamped on a small breather element I picked up from the parts store. In reality, the element probably doesn't do anything but oh well...

Bens27342.jpg

Well, from what I gather, this little breather thing is not a big deal to think about.
It's there to keep out water and to keep the gear oil in, and to let out the heat/pressure buildup so as not to blow oil out the axle/pinion seals. out It's

Amazing Jim, It's 3PM and you dont have a picture posted of your new breather yet!!!
No time, I too busy working on Phil's '27. Gotta git er dun fer Old Town.

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back