Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Relay location

Is it better to mount the relay close to the device being controled to minimize the length of the power wire or inside the body to protect from weather ?

Thanks

John

Is it better to mount the relay close to the device being controled to minimize the length of the power wire or inside the body to protect from weather ?

Thanks

John

As long as you use the proper gauge wire for the current needed to operate the device that the relay is to operate, you can safely mount the relay inside the car.

Jim

Protect it from weather.I work on school buses and you would not believe the problems we have with water soaked relays.

Another possible use for relays? I have a relay on an electric fuel pump. I remove it at night when parked in motel lot as an anti-theft device.

Thanks guys! This tip is very helpful! I was undecided about where to mount them up until now.

For the electric fan, I'm thinking of mounting the relay under the dash because I'm already in the process of builing a wooden panel for mounting my ignition coil and fuse block. As for the fuel pump, I'll stick it under the seat.

Cheers!

I mounted my fan relay and overload on the fan shroud down low and fed it right off the positive post on the alt 13 volts to the fan works great. The the fan relay is controlled by the temp sensor in the block no wiring to run from inside the car. So Simple even a cave man could do it. :laugh:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back