Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

S10 rear end gears

rooster57

I want to ask the same question but in regards to the S10 GM rear-end. I am running a stock turbo 350 and at 40 Mph i am running 2000 rpm. I am not sure what gear set i have but most of the 5 speed s10 95-96-97 pickups were 410 or so . So what do i need to lower the rpm to 2000 at 60 mph. Rick you said you were running a 273 and had no problems but your C6 may be geared a bit different than my TH350. How hard are the gears to change. I have rebuilt lots of machine tool gearboxes but i dont ride in them at 60 mph either.

I want to ask the same question but in regards to the S10 GM rear-end. I am running a stock turbo 350 and at 40 Mph i am running 2000 rpm. I am not sure what gear set i have but most of the 5 speed s10 95-96-97 pickups were 410 or so . So what do i need to lower the rpm to 2000 at 60 mph. Rick you said you were running a 273 and had no problems but your C6 may be geared a bit different than my TH350. How hard are the gears to change. I have rebuilt lots of machine tool gearboxes but i dont ride in them at 60 mph either.

3rd gear in both the C6 and the TH 350 should be 1:1. The ratios in 1st and 2nd might be different. I looked at a gearing spreadsheet I have and a 3.00 gear with a 30" tall tire will get you 59.5 mph at 2000. Every inch in height added to that gets you 2 mph. A 31" tire is 61.5 mph and so on.

Thanks Steve how difficult are the gears to change and setup

Found this on google. Might help.

[attachment=3966:RPM_Gear_Ratio_Chart.zip]

I have a C-4 but the end ratio is still 1:1.

Tim, finding your real rear gear ratio of your ride is pretty easy, just mark the rear tire, have someone roll the car a full rotation of the tire, all the while you count the drive shaft revolutions, (mark it also) this will show exact final ratio with your tire size, easiest way to raise that gear is a tall tire, quicker and probably cheaper, and then you will know if you really like that gear or not... :good: I was told by a few old pro's to run as tall a gear as I could pull... my final gear is 273 also...

I am running a 2.56 ratio and can not find the right 15 tooth driven gear to go with the 9 tooth drive gear to calibrate my speedo. Turbo 350 and 31 inch tires. have an email out to patc.com

Nope didn't help thanks though i need 15 tooth driven gear For turbo 350.Got a reply frp arp they said when i get running check how far off i am at 40 50 60 then they could put together a ratio reducer,

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back