Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

SBC water pump pulleys

saltgrassdrifter

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Are the pulley bolt patterns the same on a short shaft water pump as they are on a long shaft. I got a new set of billet pulleys for a short shaft,but i haven't got the water pump yet and I set them on a long shaft that I had laying around and the bolt pattern is smaller.I was wondering if I'll need to send them back. Thanks Steve

saltgrassdrifter said:
Are the pulley bolt patterns the same on a short shaft water pump as they are on a long shaft. I got a new set of billet pulleys for a short shaft,but i haven't got the water pump yet and I set them on a long shaft that I had laying around and the bolt pattern is smaller.I was wondering if I'll need to send them back. Thanks Steve

Un-Huh......the same.........

Hey dude.....what you need to do is run to your favorite parts store....ask them for 2 water pumps......off a early chevy 283-400.....take your pulley, and check it out.........ask for a long and a short........they might have sent you a bad pulley of the wrong pulley.......in the right box......NEVER take anything for granted when it comes to hotroddin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now....you gotta remember I'm a old racing fossil of vintage origion.........they Might have changed the bolt pattern without my knowing........but in the old days.....they were the same,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:cool:

Un-Huh Dude I Thought they were all the same myself, but didn't want to call and tell them they were wrong until I knew it for sure.I found out on another site that chevy cars used short pumps until 68 and trucks and vettes until 72.After that they went to a long pump with a larger bolt pattern.Thanks for your help. Steve

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back