Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Side Steps

I am guilty of those steps.....I did build them and yes I have a mill and no I do not build them for sale.....That one is on the passenger side for my short legged wife....it works very well........

They are nice looking....would work well on a channeled car. If you ever decide to sell them I'll take a pair

There is no side load cause they are very close to the end. I had that same thought, but after I made them they worked very well. You need to understand my wife is a robust 110 lbs soaking wet.....

There is no side load cause they are very close to the end. I had that same thought, but after I made them they worked very well. You need to understand my wife is a robust 110 lbs soaking wet.....

And how much do you weigh?
I know that it will hold you up-- no problem!!:):(:D:geek:

I was probably going to make up a set like this for my car since i'm creating a dirt track inspired car. It wouldn't let me post a photo because i don't have enough posts yet. The setup has 3 bars welded to the hairpin and the other end of those 3 bars come together and are welded. 2 bars are attached on the parallel bars of the hairpin and the third attaches at the front of the hairpin. I also welded in some plate steel for webbing in the rear hairpins so the side loaded shouldn't be a big worry as i don't plan to jump on the furthest point out haha. send me a message and i can send the pic.

Why not post a pic here so we can make sense of your text above ?

Why not post a pic here so we can make sense of your text above ?

The site won't let me post photos yet, i said that in my post. Lincolnut is helping me out though and is going to post the photos that I emailed to him.

The photo of the light blue Gafco Special sprint car is what I was describing. The other photos show the same idea but attached to the frame.

thumbnail_spalding cutaway.jpg thumbnail_spalding cutaway.jpg dirt roadster.jpg thumbnail_EMMR.jpg
It appears that you sent me two of the same car I will go back and see if the other one is in mail....

Thanks Lincolnut! Hopefully these give CAB some ideas. My build is inspired by these old dirt track cars so thats why i was going to go this route but it may not have the right look on a T-Bucket especially since it looks like a alot of folks run low side exhaust.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back