Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Sorry about that

Mike

Apologies for the downtime, but there were only two members online, and this Beta version of XenForo 1.3 was just screaming to be installed, soooo...

If you haven't been following the XenForo updates thread, shame on you, first of all. Go stand in the corner for 30 minutes and then go read the thread. ;)

For a quick update, there are some changes to the text editor.

xf13004.jpg

If you want to insert a quote, a spoiler tag, a code tag or a strike-through, you will now do all those things from the new drop-down menu, shown in the above image.

If you're still wondering what a spoiler tag is, shame on you. Go stand in the corner for another 30 minutes.

A spoiler tag is used to hide text from people that might not yet want to see it.

Beyond that, you will find most everything in the user interface working as it did before.

Moderators, you can investigate all of your new options, as indicated in the updates thread. Neat stuff, trust me.

And we're now on Beta 4.

There used to be times when there wouldn't be anyone around and I could shut the forums down to run upgrades without it being off-putting to anyone. Of late, it seems there are always 3 or 4 members online, so I just have to try to jam upgrades in when traffic is lightest. Apologies for disrupting things, but I've got it down to a point where it takes me between 11 and 12 minutes to upload everything and run the upgrade script, so I hope it is not too terrible an imposition.

Im sure I speak for all of us when I say we appreciate all the effort you put into this site. It is one of the best and easiest to navigate out there. I have aquired all my pre-project research and ideas almost entirely from the good folks here. Thank you fellow T-bucket junkies!

If your session suddenly ended, a few minutes ago, and you had to log back into the forums, have no fear. Nothing is broken, I merely changed the site URL, which meant your browser was no longer recognizing the cookie you had already received.

For those who have the site bookmarked, we are now using a non-WWW version of the URL. I have set up re-directs that will allow all URLs using dub-dub-dub to redirect to the non-dub-dub-dub resources, so there will not be any problems. Everything will work as before, but the actual site URL no longer uses the www prefix

Thanks for the kind words, smokey. Not a day goes by when I am not searching for ways to make this site a richer experience for everyone.

EDIT - I likely should have mentioned that I have removed all of the old redirects from the IPB forum URLs, so if anyone has a really old (pre-November 2011) URL saved as a bookmark, that will no longer redirect to the correct XenForo page. After 2+ years, I should think this would not be a problem. It let me clear a lot of rules out of the .htaccess file and completely delete two .php files that helped handle the IPB redirects.

Last edited:
Sheesh, this getting old stuff isn't as easy as it looks... :confused:

And now, some three days later, all of the appropriate file edits should be made to the DXF, DXF-Red and Blackend-Red styles should be appearing. I would really like to blame their earlier omission on someone else, but the fact of the matter is that it was my screw-up and I just need to own it. Anyway, I think things should be back to some semblance of order.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back