Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Spaghetti time

I believe the worst thing that can happen to a car is a electrical problem. so I will get paint by number wiring harness.

jush be 2 cents worth

thomas

Rick had a great wiring harness in his car. Every wire was marked, indicating where it was to go. Forgot what company put it out, but I will be getting back with him on that. I will be getting that harness.

thomas:)

There seem to be quite a few companies with good kits. Street Rodder used a Painless kit when they built a Total T and I have read that EZ Wire is very good as well. I collected all the issues of the Street Rodder build and it is a good resource. The thing that caught my eye about the Painless setup was that it was made so that you could connect and disconnect each seperate section (tail and brakes, engine and guages) that way if you ever needed to remove or replace a section you could. EZ wire may be the same, but I'm not sure. Also, the EZ Wire and Painless kits seem to be the prefered companies on the NTBA website.

I started out with the E-Z Wire harness and although the tech suport was good i didn't like the idea of no way to run any wire you want and as many as you want it's just a 25 lb jumble of wires.I finaly went with American Auto Wire and there Highway 15 series set-up.Wow the best iv'e ever worked with.Easy instructions ,Great tech suport(Don Bock)and best of all each wire is added as needed.I have a milk crate FULL of wire i didn't need of course each T will be different i just have a radio as an add on.By the way i GAVE the E-Z wire set-up away free.Hope this helps.

I got the American Auto Wire harness best iv'e ever used

Rick said:
I got the American Auto Wire harness best iv'e ever used

Rick, all I can say is.... WOW! I just checked out their site and while the price is a little high, they have a great setup. It appears that each system in the wiring is done seperate with the components needed in marked bags. I like how bag A is to get the engine wired up to run. That's just what I was going to do when I got my motor installed.

I sent for the free catalog! Thanks for the heads up! I can't believe I never heard of these guys! Anybody else reading this, you need to check out the site. I think you'll be impressed.

I posted a couple pics of the cruise in my gallery check um out

Rick said:
I posted a couple pics of the cruise in my gallery check um out

Wow! looks like a good time! I can't wait to attend my first run.

I put my wiring under my seat in my Total Car here are some pics.

Rick, that's where I had planned to install the bulk of my wiring too. Looks like a nice, out of the way install.

Fred, I saw Rick's wiring setup and I can tell you it is well worth the money. You will use only what you need. You can add to it anytime you need to.:lol:

thomas said:
Fred, I saw Rick's wiring setup and I can tell you it is well worth the money. You will use only what you need. You can add to it anytime you need to.:lol:

Yea, I'm liking it a lot! I love when things that look hard can be done simply. Hey, I don't mind a little work, but I was taught to work smart. That set up looks smart!

Soooo.... that Spirit kit should be on your door step or garage floor next week? Did it ship yet?

Ships monday or tuesday at the latest. I think I'll go out to the garage at wait.:lol:

I wire mine myself from scratch. Buy a fuse block at the auto parts store about $10.00 and a lot of wire in differnt colors and gages. Do 1 circuit at a time, and you will be done before ya know it. Write down the wiring as you go and you will have a record for future use. You can wire one for about half of the price of a kit.

I'm doing my own also. Tried a "It's a Snap" (It's a Crap!) Just need about 6 or 7 circuits anyway. OH; and a few relays. Gotta have relays.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back