Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

spec sheet

Youngster

VIP
VIP Member
while reading roosters thread today, one finger john wrote something that caught my eye. he mentioned a detailed spec sheet. would it be possible to put one together that could be filled out and posted in the thread on a car. something like the one American Rodder used, a fill in the blank type. if we start reporting on cars and events, this would also give the reporter something to go by when they find a car they want to interview. what do ya think?

Ron

Cool idea. Then we can't be called goofy if we print the spec sheet as they wrote it.

This would be a big help to anyone building a car that would like to do something that they saw on another build, first timers life myself would realy benifit... Francis

Youngster said:
while reading roosters thread today, one finger john wrote something that caught my eye. he mentioned a detailed spec sheet. would it be possible to put one together that could be filled out and posted in the thread on a car. something like the one American Rodder used, a fill in the blank type. if we start reporting on cars and events, this would also give the reporter something to go by when they find a car they want to interview. what do ya think?

Ron
Ron i think thats a cool idea.Why don't you draft one up and submit it to the group and then the final draft could be put in the tech section so everyone could copy it and do there own.

Hey i missed that request I will try to find it

Engine is 1987 chevy 305 (Moritz Machine)
Trans Turbo 350 (M-M streetrods)
Rearend 95 Chev S10 drum brakes (Salvage)
2 inch drop front tube axel (Refab inc)
Original 37 ford spindles (salvage yard coffeyville Ks.)
Caliper brackets (speedway)
Bearing and adapter kit (speedway)
77 Chevelle 11 inch rotors (autozone)
Kingpin set (speedway)
Calipers (cardone 18-4059)
Alum radiator (refab)
Brakepedal assembly (refab)
Heims and clevises (refab)
Steering box mount (refab)
Steering Box Corvair alum (swapmeet)
Rear shock mounts (speedway)
Steering wheel (ebay)
Steering column 26 inch ( Vintage motor sports)
Front Chrome spring (speedway)
Spring shackles (speedway)
Headlights (speedway)
Tail lights LED (so-cal)
Headers sprint style coated (speedway)
Front shocks ( Pete and Jakes)
Rear shocks (Factor one)
Fuel Tank 11 gal (RCI)
Fuel pump (procomp)
Fuel lines (napa)
Brake lines (napa)
Master cyl 72 chevelle ( Autozone)
Lokar shifter (ebay)
Motor mounts ford style (chassis engineering)
Spall Fan (Parr auto)
Moon type valve covers and Breathers with Carb breather (hotrodusa) Garage sale section
Chrome alt ( vintage motor sports)
Chrome and alum brackets with pullys (starbird show vendors)
Tires front 195-60-15 (Tirerack)
Tires Rear 295-50-15 (ebay)
Rear wheels American racing Torque thrust 2 15 by 10 with 5 on 4 3/4 Bolt pattern (ebay)
Front '' ''' '''' '''' 15 by 5 ''' ''''' '''' '''' (ebay)
Vdo gauges (vintage motor sports)
Spirit Radiator shell
CCR Long smooth body with door (CCR)
CCR 20 inch bed (CCR)
Delux interior kit (CCR)
Chrome windshield stantions ST (CCR)
Headlight supports ( Home Built)
Steering column drop (Home Built)
Front and rear radius rods 7/8 DOM (HB)
Windshield frame 7/8 alum (HB)
Front shock mounts Sq tubing (HB)
Dash tubing support (HB)
Wiring (HB)
Frame CCR plans ( Home built)
Mirrors (Arlen Ness via Engine 24355) Thanks bro
Optima red top battery (Advanced Autoparts)
Frame is powdercoated
Body color is Black Mist with blue ghost flames (Image customs paint)

Rooster, thank you. The only other thing I could ask for is would be a definition of some of the contributers. Who is Refab ? Would you know the wheel base and weight. Did you stray too much from the CCR frame plans?

Again, I'm impressed. Great car. John.

Something like this? I got this format from a Streetrodder article.

yeah steve...that's the one!! PERFECT!!!!!!

i wonder if we can put that as a sticky in introductions. people could use it for finished cars as well as un-finished ones. it could also be used as a "dream sheet" for those planning a build.

Ron

Refab is a Very small company in Watts ok.. I discovered him on the way to one of my customers several years ago. His name is Vernon and he makes frames,Brackets,Front axels, mostly he is more into sprint car stuff but sells a lot of stuff on ebay. His seller name is (Slickwillie)

Looks good Steve. I would add a place for Noteworthy People, to give credit to those who helped get it where it is.

Yes let me know if you want some hard measurements and i will getum

rooster57 said:
Refab is a Very small company in Watts ok.. I discovered him on the way to one of my customers several years ago. His name is Vernon and he makes frames,Brackets,Front axels, mostly he is more into sprint car stuff but sells a lot of stuff on ebay. His seller name is (Slickwillie)

TO EVERYONE HERE...

If "Refab" deals with T-Buckets... maybe "Tbucketeers" can help them and they could help the forum as a "Sponsor"...

Just an idea here...

I would ask Ron RPM first he does everything refab does and in my opinion probably better. To the point Vernon is more into Sprint car stuff. I think since ron has been a supporter of this site and also supplies parts to places like spirit i would feel strange soliciting a sponser to compete with him. JMO

Right i was also just thinkin out loud i shouldnt speak for Ron he may not care!!!!!!!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back