Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Speedway Rod Ends

MRYoung

I've got a lil project I'm working on and I plan to use Speedways 1/2" female rod ends. (GREAT PRICE) I couldn't find info on their site or in their catolog about the thread pitch. Are they course (1/2-13) or fine (1/2-20)? First time working with these, but I knew I could get answers here. Thanks.

MRYoung said:
I've got a lil project I'm working on and I plan to use Speedways 1/2" female rod ends. (GREAT PRICE) I couldn't find info on their site or in their catolog about the thread pitch. Are they course (1/2-13) or fine (1/2-20)? First time working with these, but I knew I could get answers here. Thanks.[/quote
That would be 1/2-20

I would guess that they are 1/2 x 20. That's the size tap they have for sale on the next page.

order the ends first then go from there. i also would guess 1/2 20.

Ron

Thanks, I thought as much. The plans I found for what I'm lookin at says 1/2-13 but I'm not finding them offered anywhere.

I don't know what your project is. My guess is that it depends on how fine you want adjustments to be. Fine thread will give you closer tolerances than the course thread. If fine tuning isn't an issue I would go with the cheaper of the two, if there is a difference. Probably the course thread.

I'm making adjustable lowering links for my motorcycle. Nothing that needs fine adjustment. I have'nt found course threaded rod ends offered anywhere I've looked, so I guess I'll pay the extra for fine threadeded rod and use the speedway rod ends. Thanks for the help.

I did a lot of circle track and road racing back in the days and have never seen a coarse thread Heim.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back