Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

speedway t bucket frame plans/dimensions

mikeyboist

Hey guys I first wanted to say this forum is great.

I am starting my first bucket build, planning a 23 build. I wanted to find out if anyone had the info on the frame dimensions from the speedway motors assembly manual compared to total performance manual. I have the original total performance 23 t bucket assembly manual but have noticed changes from the merge of total performance with speedway motors. Any help would be great. Thanks guys.

Hey guys I first wanted to say this forum is great.

I am starting my first bucket build, planning a 23 build. I wanted to find out if anyone had the info on the frame dimensions from the speedway motors assembly manual compared to total performance manual. I have the original total performance 23 t bucket assembly manual but have noticed changes from the merge of total performance with speedway motors. Any help would be great. Thanks guys.

Welcome to the site, you'll like it here great bunch of folks.

Ask specif questions about the build. There are lots of builders and suppliers on that can help you with any thing that might come along.

Welcome Ask questiopns as you get to that part and pics explain things very well.:hooray:

Thanks guys, yes this site is awesome and eveyone has great info. I have been trying to find info about speedway motors t bucket kits but have found no luck. I know they have the kits on their website, but i want to build the chassis myself.

Does anyone know where I can find the speedway t bucket assembly manual other than their website?

I don't think that Speedway is offering the old Total assy manual. If you need some chassis plans to look at email me and I'll send you some. I have several different ones I can send you. Tbucket owners and builders. Please send your comments to my email mvl1224@aol.com. For 38 years I owned Total Performance and I am happy to say that I am here to help you build a save hot rod. The only true hot rod that started this wonderful revolution. I will give you guys and gals any free information that you are interested in asking. Just email me and I will answre your questions . Mickey Lauria mvl1224@aol.com

tbucket@comcast.net

Thanks for your input Mickey. It's really great to see you here sharing your knowledge.

Ron

RPM, i have some frame questions i wanted to get some help with. I am builing my t myself, and i was planning on going a 23 t route. i planning on purchasing the body next month and i was checking out this site doing all my research and planing and i decided i wanted to go with a 27 t route. i am a tall guy (6') and didnt want to go crusing and be cramped the whole way, also i wanted to sit low as i also want to build the t low. basically what i want is specs for a 27 t build, would you be able to help me out? i am either looking to go with a ccr body or a speedway body, i know ccr frame plans are built on 2x3 frame and speedway frames are a 1 1/2 x 3. what is your opinion on the different companies 27 t bodies and would a ccr body even fit on a speedway type frame?

RPM, i have some frame questions i wanted to get some help with. I am builing my t myself, and i was planning on going a 23 t route. i planning on purchasing the body next month and i was checking out this site doing all my research and planing and i decided i wanted to go with a 27 t route. i am a tall guy (6') and didnt want to go crusing and be cramped the whole way, also i wanted to sit low as i also want to build the t low. basically what i want is specs for a 27 t build, would you be able to help me out? i am either looking to go with a ccr body or a speedway body, i know ccr frame plans are built on 2x3 frame and speedway frames are a 1 1/2 x 3. what is your opinion on the different companies 27 t bodies and would a ccr body even fit on a speedway type frame?

scratch the stuff about ccr, i ment spirit industries. sorry.

We offer a stretched 23 t body. It is stretched 10" in the cowl. There are several of the guys on here have them.

natspics038-2.jpg

In this second picture this is me setting in the body. I am 6'2" tall and pretty close to 300lbs, with plenty of room to spare.

natspics043-2.jpg

We at this time do not offer the 27 body. I am hoping to get the web site updated in the next week or so and we will have all the bodies and glass parts on there then.

We offer a stretched 23 t body. It is stretched 10" in the cowl. There are several of the guys on here have them.

natspics038-2.jpg

In this second picture this is me setting in the body. I am 6'2" tall and pretty close to 300lbs, with plenty of room to spare.

natspics043-2.jpg

We at this time do not offer the 27 body. I am hoping to get the web site updated in the next week or so and we will have all the bodies and glass parts on there then.
Ron, How much are the bodies again

Nice, I like the look of that a lot. What is your prices and do you make it with a 20" bed? Also how about the floor with a tunnel also? Does that body have a functional door? Building a frame from tp specs would it need to be extended because of the longer body, I will be using a 350 sbc.

Nice, I like the look of that a lot. What is your prices and do you make it with a 20" bed? Also how about the floor with a tunnel also? Does that body have a functional door? Building a frame from tp specs would it need to be extended because of the longer body, I will be using a 350 sbc.
The basic stretched body starts at $750. The body does have a working door. We do have a 20" bed.

The basic stretched body starts at $750. The body does have a working door. We do have a 20" bed.

RPM,

I did not see this body on your website. Are you making it or is it made by someone else?

Mark

Ron is that price with the door as in the pic.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back