Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

steering box

Spdwy808

Ron,
When I was in Tennessee getting my body from Rick Collins, he told me that you made mounts where a Vega box could be used with a draglink setup. I hope I'm not mistaken, as I have thought that Vega boxes were for cross-steer setups. I have a Vega box now, and after talking to Rick, I want to go with a draglink setup. He says that there are clearance issues with the cross-steer, especially when using a chopped '32 grille shell and Mustang radiator. I took pictures of the steering boxes on his T's, and I'm noticing that the pitman arm is kinda funky. Can you elaborate on all this for me?
Do I need a different pitman arm, do I need to reverse the Vega box, etc etc. Could use some help here. Thanks.

We have a mount that puts the stock Vega box under the frame. It does not have to be reversed and the stock pitman arm works just fine. $35.00

And we have them on the shelf. Hard to tell much from the picture.
P1010002-2.jpg

Do you have the Vega box's to?If so how much

Thanks Ron. Do you also make steering arms (lowers and upper) to work with my 49-54 Chevy spindles? If so, I'll be looking to get those, as well as the steering box mount and the headlight-shock mounts. By the way, thanks for telling me about Rick Collins. He really took care of me!

Spdwy808 said:
Thanks Ron. Do you also make steering arms (lowers and upper) to work with my 49-54 Chevy spindles? If so, I'll be looking to get those, as well as the steering box mount and the headlight-shock mounts. By the way, thanks for telling me about Rick Collins. He really took care of me!

I have your steering arms on the shelf also. All 3 in a set $37.50. Or $12.50 each.

Sorry don't have any Vega boxes.

the vega box can be reveres too just like the 'vair box.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back