Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

steering drops

Tjbucket

Can anyone tell me or does anyone know what angle is on the angled ididit or similar steering drops? I cannot find any information on it other than for use on Ford dashes.....Either the drops are cut square or on an angle.....looks like a 5-10 degree angle, but not sure. Secondly, if anyone has a good steering column bracket that does not include mounting to the dash it would be helpful. Looking for a design or style that strictly mounts to the firewall. Just concerned that is not enough support. Thoughts??

The one I have from ididit is hinged, so it will fit just about any angle.
Drop_zpsmml9jr8p.jpg

Thanks, I understand the drop is hinged, but, I am referring to the angle where it mounts.

Drop_zpsmml9jr8p.jpg

Thanks, I understand the drop is hinged, but, I am referring to the angle where it mounts.
Sorry, I misunderstood your question, I was thinking of the other angle, lol. The one I have is 90*, not angled. Did you try to send a question to their (ididit) support desk? I had questions about some levers for columns, and they were helpful. Took a day or two to get a reply. It would not have to exactly match the angle of the bottom of the dash, if that's what you are thinking, you could move it to center the column to wherever you prefer it to be, I don't know how it would look, I would have to see it to tell if I would be ok with it. I understand not wanting to mount to the dash, I ended up fabbing a cage type of reinforcement that goes from steel posts at the front of the door opening across the inside top of the dash, and is connected to a plate that mounts to the inside top of the firewall. It allows me to securely mount the column and windshield posts, and the doors to it, it also serves as the front body mounts that bolt to the frame. I have a bad back, and want the column solid to allow me to leverage myself in and out without causing damage to the car. My drop will attach to a steel bracket just behind the dash that goes from the dash to the firewall via the steel that I installed. Good luck with your project!

Sorry, I misunderstood your question, I was thinking of the other angle, lol. The one I have is 90*, not angled. Did you try to send a question to their (ididit) support desk? I had questions about some levers for columns, and they were helpful. Took a day or two to get a reply. It would not have to exactly match the angle of the bottom of the dash, if that's what you are thinking, you could move it to center the column to wherever you prefer it to be, I don't know how it would look, I would have to see it to tell if I would be ok with it. I understand not wanting to mount to the dash, I ended up fabbing a cage type of reinforcement that goes from steel posts at the front of the door opening across the inside top of the dash, and is connected to a plate that mounts to the inside top of the firewall. It allows me to securely mount the column and windshield posts, and the doors to it, it also serves as the front body mounts that bolt to the frame. I have a bad back, and want the column solid to allow me to leverage myself in and out without causing damage to the car. My drop will attach to a steel bracket just behind the dash that goes from the dash to the firewall via the steel that I installed. Good luck with your project!

No problem, I think I have seen your pictures. My problem is I should have fit this before I am to the point I am. LOL....I have done a lot of back tracking throughout this project. I will have to contact them and get some specs on the drop. Thanks for your input.

I think this one adjusts it self to what the angle is, and then you tighten it in place..

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back