Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Street Racing

tfeverfred said:
...If a cop told me they'd crush my T Bucket for street racing, trust me, that would be the only warning I would need.

That's because you work and buy your stuff, you have a vested interest... If you're stealing motors, transmissions, wheels, etc... what the heck!

LumenAl said:
That's because you work and buy your stuff, you have a vested interest... If you're stealing motors, transmissions, wheels, etc... what the heck!

Hmm.... true. Didn't see it that way. Damn, I hate thieves. Maybe they should put them in the car when they crush it.:D

In less than a year two major accidents within 5 miles of my home, due to racing.

1st one, 2 guys in a late model Camaro and a Mustang were drag racing. The Mustang driver got out of the throttle and slowed down before coming to a grate bed drawbridge. The Camaro driver did not, and lost traction on the steel grating. He killed 3 innocent people that day and himself. 4 Dead. The Mustang driver left the scene. His dad turned him in 3 days later. He was found guilty of 3 counts of negligent homicide for participating in the race, leaving the scene of the crime, and accessory to homicide for the death of the other racer.

2nd incident, two buddies left a restaurant headed for a pool hall in their trucks. They were acting up. cutting and weaving and started to speed 80 in a 55. The driver in the front truck hit his brakes. The second truck (the driver is the nephew of one of our salesmen) tried to jump into the lane on the right but it was occupied, so he swerved into the turning lane to pass his buddy. There was a Honda sitting there trying to turn left. The driver and her teenaged daughter were killed instantly. The truck became airborne. It then landed on top of another car, puttting that innocent driver in ICU for a week. And then slammed into a third vehicle, breaking that guys leg.

His girlfriend was ejected from his truck while it was in the air. She very nearly lost her life. The driver was arrested, then bailed out of jail while waiting for his trial. He then got two more speeding tickets. He just killed 2 people by speeding, and did it again twice! He is now serving 5 years in prison. His parents cannot figure out why he got more than a year. This kid was 21 years old, and had more speeding tickets than I've had in my life, and I've had a few.

I remember the first accident... don't know why, perhaps you may have posted it on the NTBA site when it happened... that second story is unbelievable! All that pain and suffering plus two deaths and he only gets 5 years... which of course means 2-3 years actual time... I'm pretty sure you'd serve more time he in Washington State for cruelty to animals!

I did post about the first one last year when the guy was still mia. The second one was a shame. The kid probably would have gotten off with only a year. But the prosecution pulled his record and found two more speeding tickets after the accident. That went over real well. The kid admitted guilt and settled out of court so it didn't go to a jury of peers. I'm sure they would have pushed for a longer sentence.

Our jails are full of BS prisoners. They let a convicted sex offender go a few weeks ago. Sorry, no more room, you have to stay in your house. Don't rape anyone more little boys though! Or else you'll go back to jail.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back