Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T BUCKET KITS

The Hustler

Soon I hope to start the building of a t bucket, utilizing a kit of some sort. I'm new to this forum, and all I seem to find is articles of you experts building everything from scratch. That's great, except I'm not able to do that. Not talented enough! So I'm looking for advice as to which way to turn. I've been looking at Spirit and Speedway kits. Is one better than the other, or is it just about choice or price. Thanks ahead for any advice.

I think that you really owe it to yourself to check out Ron a RPM. He is a really good guy that will lead you the right way with his parts. IMHO

Jim

Check the classifieds, Mike has a super set up for sale. If I had room to store it, I would have already bought it for a project car.

Check the classifieds, Mike has a super set up for sale. If I had room to store it, I would have already bought it for a project car.
That is a VERY good idea, railroad. I completely forgot about Mike's ad.

Jim

I'll second both of those choices.

Ron

There is no shame in buying a kit to build a car. Mickey Luria built a pretty successful business, Total Performance, that catered to people who could do everything in building a car or those who could do very little. His cars could literally be bolted together with no welding or engineering needed, and it put a lot of cars on the road that wouldn't have been there otherwise.

As for which kit is better, that is up for debate, but I have bought two Speedway glass bodies and they have been very good IMO, as were all the parts I have bought from them for the past 30 odd years.

Don

For more comparison, check CCR (California Custom Roadster). They've been around for a long time.

Hey Keeper, if you're doing all this work yourself, you sure are talented. Looks like an amazing T coming together. Hope we can see the finished product!

You have lots of choices. Each company offers a slightly different "look". Please feel free to give us a call and we would be free to answer whatever questions that you may have. Its important to know that someone will be there for you to help you along at every stage of your build. 203/294-1339 -Jim

My hotrod was a Spirit kit and there are only very minimal things I would change on it.

RPM will be the one that will build my next frame - probably 2x4 and lone wheelbase for a Fourdoor T. I really love the quality parts Ron is putting out and I always prefer to give the smaller or new guy the chance to build his business, especially when the product supersedes everything else out there - the first few things I got from him (shock mounts and rear radius rods) were so well-built that I don't think ANYONE makes parts of this quality right now.

I just recently got my first kit and it is a Spirit . Im in begining stages of build but so far I am extremely satisfied with quality and workmanship , if you need anything Josh and BC will get you on track.

I appreciate all the replies you guys have given me. I too am leaning toward the Spirit Kit at this time. The $8800 kit seems to contain everything one needs other than drive train and wheels/tires. I do have another question. I see pictures of bodies with strips of wood lining the inside before the interior is installed. Is this necessary for strength on all the bodies? Or what ever other reason? In the pictures it looks like the Spirit body is real thick and sturdy, where the Speedway body is real flimsy and would need some backing support. If one gets a body with a molded in floor, is that all that is necessary, or do you have to use wood to strenthen it? I guess I'm really dumb about this stuff!

I have two CCR bodies that came with molded in floors and thick sides. There was no need for any wood reinforcement anywhere.

The only thing that I will add is an extended body is a very nice addition. If you are over like 5'10" you will be glad you did. If you have never sat in a bucket they are not exactly roomy especially the older 1915 body style. These are really small
1105450.jpg

The only thing that I will add is an extended body is a very nice addition. If you are over like 5'10" you will be glad you did. If you have never sat in a bucket they are not exactly roomy especially the older 1915 body style. These are really small
1105450.jpg

x2

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back