Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Taking care of paint job

saltgrassdrifter

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I just got my body back from being painted.I'm afraid that it turned out to be too nice a job.I never had anything this pretty.They used a House of Color black base coat clear coat,I think thats what he said. Anyway what type car cover should I get and what pointers can yall give me on how to keep it looking good.Thanks Steve

Put it on display in a museum.
hk.gif

Guess that's a problem for just about all car builders. We know if we drive it the paint WILL get some chips. If we are not careful how we wash it we might get swirl marks. As far as I know, all you can do is keep it waxed and maybe on occasion use a clay bar according to directions. I'm going to try and not get too concerned about it since I plan to drive mine as much as I can.

Put it on display in a museum.
hk.gif

Guess that's a problem for just about all car builders. We know if we drive it the paint WILL get some chips. If we are not careful how we wash it we might get swirl marks. As far as I know, all you can do is keep it waxed and maybe on occasion use a clay bar according to directions. I'm going to try and not get too concerned about it since I plan to drive mine as much as I can.

That what I want something that I can drive alot without worrying about the paint.I guess after I get my first scratch it'll easier not to worry.I thought about going with the flat black ,but thats just not the look I was going far. Thanks for the input Steve

I can tell everyone I am building my T to drive,I will try to keep it clean but when was the last time you saw a street car that was clean on the bottom and the only time it will be on a trailer it will be broke.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back