Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The first hot rod you ever saw?

Tjbucket, what you said about all the newer rides at shows and cruises holds true here in the Orlando area also. It is sad to see, in my opinion, when you go to an event you might as well go to a new car dealership and see the same thing. All these guys need is a check book and no creativity and they are all set. Truly sad. IMHO

Jim
Are buckets big in FL? I was under the impression there are a lot running around?

In general, there are very few of the older street rods ( and that includes T buckets) showing up at cruises and shows in the Orlando area. It is sad to see this happening, but I guess us "old" guys will just have to bear it and cruise on our own without organized "events".

Jim

Went to a drag race on a 90cc Honda and seen these, the rest is history. (over 40 years ago!!!!)

G

The first hot rod I saw was a blue T bucket with black top. I was 16 and could not get it out of my head. I finally have one in the garage that I'm building. The guy that built that t bucket is still building street rods. I would love to run in to him when I finish mine to let him know he started my dream back in 1967.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back