Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Timing

Johnny

Not sure if this is the right place but here goes. Can y'all give me an idea for a good inexpensive timing light to purchase??

Also, I was looking in some old posts and saw that someone had old headers to lend for break in. Is that still going on? If so who has the old headers?

Thanks

If it makes a difference, if you pay a little more for the degree knob on the back aids in your timing. You can preset your advance curve......but thats only for the most hardcore enginebuilder and/or tuner.
You can use your old cast iron exhaust manifolds with a short piece of tailpipe attached to get the carb and timing set enough to break in your cam and check things out!

I have used a sears timing light for years, I put a new carb on, and was unable to find my timing light and used a vacumn guage, turn dist till I had highest reading. It starts better then ever and runs the coolest it has ever run.

If you have a multi-spark ignition, some timing lights cannot read them accurately. MSD's lights work with multi-spark, but they are a little spendy.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back