Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Turn signal switch

LarryH

Does anyone make a universal turn signal switch that looks half way decent and won't short out within 30 seconds? I'm looking for something small that doesn't look like it belongs on a dump truck.

I haven't found one either, but what I did was to fab a bracket that mounted the dump truck type switch under the dash with just the chrome lever sticking out. It doesn't look bad at all since the ugly switch part is hidden.

You could also mount it under the seat with just the lever showing, if that would be easier to access while driving.

Someone is making a billet aluminum job, but it's pretty expensive and I wouldn't be surprised if it has cheapo internals. Sorry don't remember who's selling it.

Be sure to get a real dump truck switch from someone that sells truck parts if you want a heavy duty part that won't go bad. The Speedway switch I had to start with failed in about a month of use.

Mike

I'm using a toggle turn style switch sold by Ron Francis wiring have used their Products in the past good quality parts

I haven't found one either, but what I did was to fab a bracket that mounted the dump truck type switch under the dash with just the chrome lever sticking out. It doesn't look bad at all since the ugly switch part is hidden.

You could also mount it under the seat with just the lever showing, if that would be easier to access while driving.

Someone is making a billet aluminum job, but it's pretty expensive and I wouldn't be surprised if it has cheapo internals. Sorry don't remember who's selling it.

Be sure to get a real dump truck switch from someone that sells truck parts if you want a heavy duty part that won't go bad. The Speedway switch I had to start with failed in about a month of use.

Mike

I made my own with a rod that hits a couple of micro switches.No really nice ones out there

Maybe i'll do it that way. Sounds like about the simplest way to go. And since the wife works for NAPA i should be able to get a decent one at a good price.

I'm using a toggle turn style switch sold by Ron Francis wiring have used their Products in the past good quality parts

I checked those out. Nice, simple and small. Looks like another good option.

I had this one. It lasted about two weeks. Guess i should have known by the price it was made in China.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Univ...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a4d616718

Maybe i'll do it that way. Sounds like about the simplest way to go. And since the wife works for NAPA i should be able to get a decent one at a good price.

I checked those out. Nice, simple and small. Looks like another good option.

I had this one. It lasted about two weeks. Guess i should have known by the price it was made in China.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Univ...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a4d616718
i also have the ron francis signal switch and the headlight switch with the highbeams

i also have the ron francis signal switch and the headlight switch with the highbeams

I've saw those. They look pretty slick. Do they work fairly well?

Right now all the switches and ignition are under the seat. When i redo the dash i plan on putting them in the dash or on a small panel tucked back under the dash.

I've saw those. They look pretty slick. Do they work fairly well?

Right now all the switches and ignition are under the seat. When i redo the dash i plan on putting them in the dash or on a small panel tucked back under the dash.
yep so far so good

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back