Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

U-Joint Straps

Yogi

VIP
VIP Member
One bad thing about rebuilding someone's build identifying the parts. I know it's a GM rearend, but I am not able to find the right Universal straps for the rearend yoke.
I am in the middle of going through a est. 2002 build of a Spirit car and upon inspection I was able to see light between the cap and the strap on the rear yoke. Went to the local NAPA store with old strap and drive shaft in hand in attempt to find the correct straps. After 3 trips, still no well fitting straps. The #'s Ive found, GM1K, 14030352 have not come up in any of there books. I know its a GM 10-Bolt rear end, but that all. The local parts store it not what it use to be, if they don' t have the exact year and model, they are lost.
Any ideas?

Yogi said:
One bad thing about rebuilding someone's build identifying the parts. I know it's a GM rearend, but I am not able to find the right Universal straps for the rearend yoke.
I am in the middle of going through a est. 2002 build of a Spirit car and upon inspection I was able to see light between the cap and the strap on the rear yoke. Went to the local NAPA store with old strap and drive shaft in hand in attempt to find the correct straps. After 3 trips, still no well fitting straps. The #'s Ive found, GM1K, 14030352 have not come up in any of there books. I know its a GM 10-Bolt rear end, but that all. The local parts store it not what it use to be, if they don' t have the exact year and model, they are lost.
Any ideas?

I beleive Spirit uses Chev S10 4x4 rear ends in their kits.

I just built a Spirit 23 T and the rearend was out of an S-10 Pickup 2 wheel drive, on there 27 T they use an S-10 Blazer 4X4 rear. I believe it is around a 1990 on the 23 T. I had to get new straps and if I remember right I got them from Summit Racing or Jegs. Oh Hell it may of been NAPA - old age sucks.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back