Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Under the seat wiring

Well it is definitely not as pretty as the first picture but here goes. I actually cleaned it up a bunch from the kids that built the car.

DSC03649.jpg

Fordsbyjay -- You battery stick through the floor? Your wiring probably be better than what I can do. What switches do you have on the front of the seat rest?

Rooster57 -- Looking good! What switches and lights do you have on the front of the seat rest?

Thanks all.

Fordsbyjay -- You battery stick through the floor? Your wiring probably be better than what I can do. What switches do you have on the front of the seat rest?

Rooster57 -- Looking good! What switches and lights do you have on the front of the seat rest?

Thanks all.

I didn't want anything on the dash only gauges so the starter headlts
horn and the turn sig everything just in reach but out of site. I did change the seat
riser because my interior came with a carpeted riser so I made an alum
plate that matches my gauges for the seat riser for all the switches out of town
right now I will post a pic or two when I get back

This is mine back when I had a radio in there (that I never hooked up) so I removed it. Have a small toolbag off to the side.

Attachments

• Twiring1.jpg
    Twiring1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 206
I have 3 terminal blocks in there for Ign Hot, Bat Hot and a big one for Ground. Helps out when running accessories or whatever.

I only see one problem. Get the resistor out of there. They are a heat sink and can catch the wood on fire.

Here are a couple of shots of my wiring. Spirit body and interior insert. I plan on neatening up the wires before I take the T in for an interior in a couple of weeks. First pic is driver side looking forward. Second is pax side.

Attachments

• driver wires.jpg
    driver wires.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 190
  • pax wires.jpg
    pax wires.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 198
The ignition switch and the headlight switch. The dash has two gauge. To be honest it is a real pain to put the key in under the seat. I think I would put it in the dash if I was to do it. Or maybe a small counsel behind the shifter.

If you have the wiring under the seat, you for sure do not want tools lying around in there, way too easy to short out your wiring with a quick start or stop... Just a thought, as I remember having to fix just such a deal... :)

Thanks, I moved them down to the end where there was no wiring.

battery in box.jpg

Made an aluminum panel with battery box. Relays, alarm bypass and fan controller at top, fuses to right, ground bus to bottom.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back