Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

value of used big block t

rotterdam1

i am looking at a t the guy wants 19 k plus i have to ship it from fla. to ny it has a door on it and a 396 big block does that add value to car.? Because i can buy same cond. car all day no door and samll block for 13k-15k? any help please

they are on the comp i did not buy car yet the site is select vehicle marketing blue with green flames from plantation fla.

To be honest with you, the big block is way too much engine for a 1700 lb. car. I think you would enjoy a milder engine Bucket. I'm running a near stock 302" and this sucker flies. Scares me and I used to drive race cars.

I wouldn't pay more for a BB. My SB can't even hook up in 1st or 2nd, and my rear is a tall 2.79. I could go posi, but then I'd be sideways all the time. The door and top are worth something, but only if you need them. Fenders would be worth something too, but it depends on how you intend to drive the car. Based on what I've seen, this car *might* be worth the asking price, but it depends on the quality of the build and condition of all the parts. Can't really judge that from photographs.

Jack

Really , whether it's a big block or small block, doesn't really matter, they all really cost the same. I don't think it really adds a lot to the value of the car, unless it's got an SOHC Ford or a blown Ardun in it . If it sits right , and runs and drives good. that is what matters at the end of the day , if you like the car, want to go to events and have some fun with your car, then buy it it. Hot rodding is not really a "Wow look how much money I can make on this" sport. it's more about the people, and their love of having fun with cars. Well that's the way we do it "down under" anyway.

$20K is a little steep IMO. Buckets just don't seem to bring that kind of money often. Decent ones can be had for $10-$15k. I would buy a small block car, drive it, see how you like it. Then if you think it needs more motor :whistling: build a big block for it.

You can find two nearly identical T-buckets in two different cities, and one guy wants $15,000 and the other wants $9,000 or $29,000. Pricing is very subjective. I would say if you were to build a copy of the car in the ad, you would be into the parts, paint and interior around $15K, give or take. All that chrome doesn't come free and someone spent a considerable amount of time on those flames. Can you do that, or is it worth it to you to pay more to get the finished product?

I would agree with ORF, $17 K seems like a reasonable offer to me for the finished car, as does his brick under the pedal method. You will have a little more thinking to do if the owner counters with $18 K.

I would be willing to pay a little more for the 396 because I happen to like them and you don't see them every day. I own two SBC's, but so does everyone else, enough said. As for will it stay on the road? I'm driving a 409 with a 3.89 posi rear end and I have no trouble, remember the brick.

You can find two nearly identical T-buckets in two different cities, and one guy wants $15,000 and the other wants $9,000 or $29,000. Pricing is very subjective. I would say if you were to build a copy of the car in the ad, you would be into the parts, paint and interior around $15K, give or take. All that chrome doesn't come free and someone spent a considerable amount of time on those flames. Can you do that, or is it worth it to you to pay more to get the finished product?

I would agree with ORF, $17 K seems like a reasonable offer to me for the finished car, as does his brick under the pedal method. You will have a little more thinking to do if the owner counters with $18 K.

I would be willing to pay a little more for the 396 because I happen to like them and you don't see them every day. I own two SBC's, but so does everyone else, enough said. As for will it stay on the road? I'm driving a 409 with a 3.89 posi rear end and I have no trouble, remember the brick.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back