Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

What cant you do with a 572?

Martin

Ran across this at another place I hang out at called the Hub Garage. A lot of nice stuff there, check it out if you get a minute.
HubGarage.com - Where Car People Connect

A little fun with a four door
[ame="[media=youtube]z2lM5SdMVlc[/media]"]YouTube - Smokin the tires with a 572 in a 2003 Cadi[/ame]

And............
[ame="[media=youtube]77_Ds2f_zU4[/media]"]YouTube - 572 Cadi Wins Burnout Contest[/ame]

Ought to be room under the hood of a T for one of these :eek:

First video didn't work but WOW on the second.

I guess the answer to the question in your title is..........
.........pass a gas station

Dont know why it wont work here, but if you put "572 cadi" in the search at you tube it will come up.

At the risk of pissing too many people off I have to say I'm not impressed. Oh I like the sound of the 572 and I am impressed with its performance but it's one of those "What's wrong with this picture" things. Why waste all of that power on a Cadillac.

There was a kid around here a few years ago who had a 1979 or 80 Monte Carlo. That model year, IMO, wasn't Chevy's best. To put it mildly, the car was butt ugly. This kid managed to hop the motor up a little bit by adding a cam and headers, jacked the rear end up a foot or so and put a tunnel ram scoop on the hood. He would chug around town trying to impress. He rolled up next to me one day, put it in neutral and revved it up to show off his pipes, and put it back in gear. He made a 'let's do it' motion. I laughed and turned off at the next corner. I had 3.73 gears in the back of the T at that time and if I had decided to put on a 'display of speed' with him I would have been into next week before the kid could have responded. An 1800 pound T accelerates pretty quickly and gets small real fast as you watch it pull away from you.

I'm sure the kid was proud of his accomplishments but "there was something wrong with the picture". Why would you invest so much into something so ugly. If you can afford the motor you can surely afford something better to put it in. Cadillacs are good looking cars and if I could afford one I would own a CTX but I wouldn't ruin it with a 572 or any other performance motor. Call me a purist but in my opinion certain things belong together. Cadillac goes with smooth, comfortable, quiet ride. 572s go with 67 Malibus and 69 Camaros.

My rant of the week.

P.S. If anyone wants a BBC motor here's one I found on a Landspeed Racing forum for sale. Could be a good deal for someone.

This motor is doing me no good sitting on the shop floor, so I'll reduce the price. It cost me $7000 to build, I'll sell it for $3000. It has six one-mile runs on it. The last time it ran was on the dyno when it pulled 541 HP and 539 FtLbs. We pulled the pan, inspected and replaced the bearings for good measure, but the motor was still virtually new and just barely broken in. It was built to be a 150 club motor and it pushed my 1977 Firebird to 165 mph on the Texas Mile. I never ran it at Bonneville. I got the fever for more speed and built a bigger motor. If your interested, Email me for details. $3000 plus shipping. DickJ lsr_man@yahoo.com

What we have here is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I present my case...

Big%20boned%20woman%20with%20his%20boyfriend.jpg

Defence rests...:eek:

What does a moped and a fat chick have in common?:think:

They are both fun to ride til a friend catches you.:welcome:

der Spieler said:
At the risk of pissing too many people off I have to say I'm not impressed. Oh I like the sound of the 572 and I am impressed with its performance but it's one of those "What's wrong with this picture" things. Why waste all of that power on a Cadillac.

There was a kid around here a few years ago who had a 1979 or 80 Monte Carlo. That model year, IMO, wasn't Chevy's best. To put it mildly, the car was butt ugly. This kid managed to hop the motor up a little bit by adding a cam and headers, jacked the rear end up a foot or so and put a tunnel ram scoop on the hood. He would chug around town trying to impress. He rolled up next to me one day, put it in neutral and revved it up to show off his pipes, and put it back in gear. He made a 'let's do it' motion. I laughed and turned off at the next corner. I had 3.73 gears in the back of the T at that time and if I had decided to put on a 'display of speed' with him I would have been into next week before the kid could have responded. An 1800 pound T accelerates pretty quickly and gets small real fast as you watch it pull away from you.

I'm sure the kid was proud of his accomplishments but "there was something wrong with the picture". Why would you invest so much into something so ugly. If you can afford the motor you can surely afford something better to put it in. Cadillacs are good looking cars and if I could afford one I would own a CTX but I wouldn't ruin it with a 572 or any other performance motor. Call me a purist but in my opinion certain things belong together. Cadillac goes with smooth, comfortable, quiet ride. 572s go with 67 Malibus and 69 Camaros.

My rant of the week.

P.S. If anyone wants a BBC motor here's one I found on a Landspeed Racing forum for sale. Could be a good deal for someone.

This motor is doing me no good sitting on the shop floor, so I'll reduce the price. It cost me $7000 to build, I'll sell it for $3000. It has six one-mile runs on it. The last time it ran was on the dyno when it pulled 541 HP and 539 FtLbs. We pulled the pan, inspected and replaced the bearings for good measure, but the motor was still virtually new and just barely broken in. It was built to be a 150 club motor and it pushed my 1977 Firebird to 165 mph on the Texas Mile. I never ran it at Bonneville. I got the fever for more speed and built a bigger motor. If your interested, Email me for details. $3000 plus shipping. DickJ lsr_man@yahoo.com

Actually to a large extent I agree with you, I wouldn't have put that engine in that car. The black 66 in another recent thread was a much more appropriate choice. They say though that there are some things that you never outgrow, and for me, one of them is a good smokey burnout! I saw that one and I just couldn't help but to smile.:welcome:

the burnout was awesome. I've seen a few burnout competitions at car shows and that one ranks up there with the best of them. And I agree. The black 66 was sweet. That car I would own.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back