Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

What Gauge's ??

My specific Dolphin complaints:

- chrome bezels on two gauges starting developing rust pits after less than a year.
- water temp gauge was off by 20 degrees (low).
- fuel gauge would hang at about 1/2 tank. Tapping on the gauge would free it up.
- I could never get the speedometer programmed to show the correct speed. Dolphin uses DIP switches and a data table to (supposedly) enable one to set the correct speed. Never got within 10 mph of correct.

When I would call their tech support line, I would usually get the message, "All of our lines are busy right now, please call back later," or words to that effect. The few times I actually got through, the tech had an attitude and was not helpful at all. Exact same experience with EZ Wire tech... may have been the same person!!

Lee_in_KC said:

- chrome bezels on two gauges starting developing rust pits after less than a year.
- fuel gauge would hang at about 1/2 tank. Tapping on the gauge would free it up.
- I could never get the speedometer programmed to show the correct speed. Dolphin uses DIP switches and a data table to (supposedly) enable one to set the correct speed. Never got within 10 mph of correct.

When I would call their tech support line, I would usually get the message, "All of our lines are busy right now, please call back later," or words to that effect. The few times I actually got through, the tech had an attitude and was not helpful at all. Exact same experience with EZ Wire tech... may have been the same person!!

E-Z Wire and Dolphin are one and the same company.I first bought there E-Z wire harness then said i was going to hang up and call Dolphin and he said i can help you we are Dolphin so you win that one.

Lee_in_KC said:

Wow, nuff said... glad I caught this thread when I did!

I didn't get to order my gauges before I left so I will do it in the morning ,,

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back