Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

What is it?

Noob

Hello again. I have some questions I know you all have the answers to. My bucket is new to me and I love it. The only trouble is that I don't know anything about it. Who built the frame, where the components came from, etc. I read somewhere on here that the TP setups had equal length radius rods front and rear. Mine are that way. As well, the front spring perch is a bit different from the spirit frames in that it doesn't have the rounded sides like the spirit's do. It looks like it is a piece of channel iron mounted in the center of the front cross member. Is there a place that I could look up the VIN? It starts with a T....
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stroked 23T

Ted will chime in here but thats a CCR body and frame TED knows cause he designed it. Thats the cats meow. Nice ride

Really nice bucket to go cruising with.How does it handle that is one of the biggest issues with buckets. until you get all the bugs out then they handle good for long drives.

Sweet bucket :rolleyes:

the radius rod setup on yours looks to be CCR and I thought Bill Keifer who started CCR designed their frame and radius rod setup Wasn't Ted SRE?

Post a pic of your front spring mount that may give a clue as to the rest of the frame. Some of the guys on here have the experience to tell a lot from a pic

Well, Bill did not buy my business, he ended up aceing me out of it, during all my divorce crap.. we were to get back together after all was done, but it took 5 years, and He went on by himself, well Diane was the real brains of that family, still now own CCR (which I created), so as not to lose my name over the divorce... Ted Brown Chassis was what I ran my business as for many years...
Yes that T Bucket is a CCR Chassis, or at least built from my plans... not the rear bed, that seems to be an added after thought and mounted a bit caddywompus, if you get what I mean. Car should run down the road with no big problems, if done as it was intended... :D

Thanks for the kind words, and I agree it does look nice. It would ride great if the front rims weren't bent! I'm getting those worked over right now. I am glad everyone recognized the CCR design. Ted, ya'll did a great job with the design. here are a few more pics of it. I think the deal sealer for me was the jag rear end. I think they look so cool driving down the road.

more pics
[attachment=2556:1/2/2/3/2198.attach]

[attachment=2554:1/2/2/3/2196.attach]

[attachment=2555:1/2/2/3/2197.attach]

[attachment=2553:1/2/2/3/2195.attach]

CCR baby!!!! what do you know ted i got two things right this week. I dont remember what the first one was but this was definatly the second thing. Ted you do good work my friend hats off to ya.

Nice pics What is the bracket on the spring perch for license plate?

Yes. I haven't seen one of those in quite a while.

Jeff

That bracket is a two fold bracket, takes the danger of a broken spring away, the frame will just fall onto that bracket to the axle, better than to the ground, I did notice that it looks like it has been sitting for some time... Have fun and ride safe... :)

I don't see any provisions for front shocks. Am I missing something?

Jim

I dont remember the CCR plans showing anything with the fad style batwings for any type of shock friction or otherwise. The fad style batwings put the frame a long way from the axel. that long a friction shock arm wouldnt be very effective. Would it???

You're not missing anything. No shocks. Makes for a bit of a rough ride. I've been looking at some friction shock setups but don't know enough about the geometry to make an informed decision. And yes it has been sitting for about a month because of my front rim issue. But I got my new tires today and will have them mounted up tomorrow. should be a great weekend!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back