Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

1924 T buildup

Thanks LA, Thanks Don!

Yeah Don, we're really happy to be building this for our dad, he may not be doing a lot of the fabricating like he did with his first one, but he's helping with the design and part selection (and funding :lol: ). He's always very proud of the work we do (even if he doesn't always understand it at first, haha), so it will be good for him to own this one and be able to show it off.

Its really is gonna be a good day when we can ride around in it with him. :lol::D

Ok time for an update!!

So the holiday vacation wasn't much of a vacation because I spent the whole time moving my personal belongings from Kansas to Idaho, BUT I did manage to get a few pictures of the project.

We couldn't find an adapter for fit the IH scout steering column, so my brother made one from the stock steering wheel. Also the shifter is mounted....not sure what we're going to do about a custom handle yet. BTW, I can't wait until he redoes the dash....that thing makes me sick.:welcome:

vbpgimage.php

Next are the tail lights and finned rearend cover.

vbpgimage.php

Also got the new shiny alternator in, so I figured I should include a pic of some "bling"....the belts fit it rather well, but he's still gonna make an idler for them.

vbpgimage.php

Then some mounting brackets for a tranny cooler for the 700r4,

vbpgimage.php

Any finally a new side shot for good measure,

vbpgimage.php

Other then that, we also got in the new horizontal overflow tank and my brother said he just got it mounted in front of the radiator. I guess he also just sent of an order form for the rear rims, so those are on the way too.

It will be nice when the weather warms up and the body work can start! (and get rid of that color!)

Wow, I never thought I'd see one that color that I'd actually like! Not bad looking at all......but ours is still getting repainted.....my dad always talked about the color of his old one.....Candy Apple Red. ;)

Diztroy

I don't know how I missed this thread. You're building a very nice looking car.:cool: The fab work is first rate! Very creative.

I'm subscribing to this one so I can keep up with it.

Mike

Hotrod, Thanks for the compliments!; I wish I could take credit on this one, but my brother is doing all the work (but he's not so computer savvy so I'm posting the pictures). I was hoping to be able to help out before I moved across country and started my new job, but I just didn't have time.

The really good updates will come once the weather gets warmer and he can do the body work. With any luck it will be "roughed in" and driving before next winter....fingers crossed. :D

diztroy said:
once the weather gets warmer and he can do the body work.

Tell me about it. I need to get some body work and paint done too. I may live in the "sunny south", but it ain't been very sunny or dry for several weeks. Just cold enough to keep me from painting.

On well' at least it isn't -7 with a 30 MPH wind. Been there, done that too. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Waaaay to cold for a good ole' boy from the south.:D:lol:

Mike

Ok, time for an overdue update! First, my brother drilled the rotors, two for the front and one for the parking brake. I like the one on the right best for the drill pattern......what does everyone else think? If you have a better pattern, we'd like to hear it/see it!

vbpgimage.php

Next, a parking brake got mounted on the rear crossmember,

vbpgimage.php

Next, the tranny cooler got installed,

vbpgimage.php

Next, we ordered the rear wheels and tires,

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

And finally a parting shot, I can't wait to see this thing painted/chromed!!!

vbpgimage.php

Looks good.
I like the rotor on the right too. Make sure you put it on so it looks like it is going forward.

Lookin good guys, just a note about the mounting of the Jag rearend. I see you have Heim ends in the two upright rods mounted to the front of the third member, they really should be something solid, as there should be no movement there at all, and you can run another set of rods to that nice crossmember just in front of the new E Brake you installed, good choice there. But it is very important to not have that third member be able to move at all, as it is your radius rods and all, so another thing, make sure that the rear radius rods are just hanging there for looks ONLY, not to do anything..as that will tear up the top mount at the frame if it moves, from the force of the tires moving up and down, the radius rods will pull the bottom arms of the Jag back and forth, not good at all... Those big flapper arms that they had stock, were to keep the top RUBBER mounts from breaking, not to control the drive arms of the axle assemblies. Check it over close and you will see just what I am talking about, save yourself a lot of headaches later down the road.. keep up the good work... PS, You do not need a idler for the alt. just slot the bottom of the mount and swing the alt out towards the frame to tighten the belts, just make sure you have the shortest ones you can get on there first. AND, I have a Rad overflow box, in my bed that is as big as a battery, it holds plenty of water and never lets out any water on the ground if it ever wanted to spit out any... and it keeps the Rad full as it sucks water back into the rad when it cools off, but with a good engine fan, a small water pump pulley and plenty of advance in the timing, you should be running plenty cool... PS, I would get a junk set of headers to tune your engine the first few times you start it up, or you just may ruin your nice chrome look, as anything off will Blue those pipes in a second... Just some things to think about...
Forgot to mention....
PS,IRS is the worst rear end for traction, so do not lay heavy on the gas pedal, unless you have plenty of room for error, and watch for wheel hop, as that tears things up real quick... Best of luck with your project.. I like that oldxcolor, as I had that once apon a time, myself.. along with 7 other colors .. hehe

diztroy, have you seen anything painted with that chrome paint? It seems pretty costly but how is the quality. The video I saw it looked pretty good. Thanks Lar:lol:

I've never used it, but a few years ago my uncle used some on a bumper of an old truck. It looked ok, but just didn't have the right shine too it. Not sure if the stuff they make these days is any better. I've also heard of a powdercoat chrome......Eastwood sells it, but I don't have expericance with it either.

Any of you guys that follow NASCAR know that you can use a chrome wheel. But Michael Waltrip Racing gets their wheels powder coated to look chrome. It looks like chrome on the TV.

Ok, time for another picture update from my brother with some of the new parts hes made!!

First hes got the horizontal brass radiator overflow mounted in front of the radiator. Here are views from the top and bottom,

Slide5.JPG

Slide6.JPG

Next are a few pictures of the brackets to hold the exhaust on,

Slide7.JPG

Slide8.JPG

Next is the steering column drop,

Slide9.JPG

Slide10.JPG

Next is a bracket to hold the bug catcher adapter to the carb base,

Slide11.JPG

Slide12.JPG

We decided to hide the front brake lines inside each frame rail, so he built a access panel that will allow him to insert the pre-bent lines with a bulkhead fitting already attached inside the frame. Heres a pics of the plate before and after welding into the frame,

Slide4.JPG

Slide1.JPG

He really impressed me with this last one, he made these nifty little feed-throughs that will allow the headlight/turn signal wiring to be run through the frame as well. We plan to buy this styple of headlight with the turn signals built in

Slide2.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Well, thats it for now; I just spoke to him and he said hes going to finish plumbing the rear brake lines and then start on body work.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back