Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

1924 T buildup

Thats strange, it worked when I posted it; I seem to have linked to the pictures wrong....I'll fix it when I get home tonight. :D

i got 4 pics. you can be sure i'll check back tonight though!!

Ron

Some pics showed up last night when I looked at it and some didn't, the ones that had red X's I could do a properties check, and then pull up the pictures by pasting the address directly into the address bar, so I suspect the issue was with the server feeding up the photos as they all but 2 showed up this morning.

AND BTW, that is some really cool work he is doing... very sweet indeed! :thumbsup:

Ok, just a quick picture update from my trip down over memorial day. My brother finished running the brake lines and has started on the body work.....so far he's built a new tunnel, redone the seat, made a new battery box, redone the bed rails and redone the dash. Still a lot of work to do, but its getting there!

Here's the album,

Picasa Web Albums - Troy - Untitled Album

That is some nice fab work. No covers on engine to keep dust out?

Thanks for the comments guys! My brother is really outdoing himself on this one!

With the exception of the carbs and the front blower drive, the entire engine is bare inluding the old GMC blower. It'll be running a different block (probably 383), edlebrock aluminum heads, and a BDS blower (heads and blower under my bed at the moment awaiting the final engine :D )

My warden would never allow parts under my bed.

Sorry for the lack up update guys, I've added some pictures to this photo album, sorry they are a little out of order.

Picasa Web Albums - Troy - Untitled Album

The gas tank is here (again) the first one Mooneyes sent us had some pretty bad welds and the gas cap didn't thread on very well, so we sent it back and got a new tank, much better! Also my brother wasn't really digging the old hinges to he built his own....still need to be finished, but you get the idea. He also got the throttle cables setup along with the gauges. He's gonna make brass "rivets" to hold the dash panel in (one is in the dash pic on the right) but for now its held in by normal hardware. Also started prepping the engine parts for paint and polish. The block is machined, smoothed and ready for paint and assembly. He also started polished the aluminum heads, he wasn't sure if it'd be worth the effort, but the difference between the polished and unpolished answered that question :lol: . Also made an upper radiator "hose"....not 100% sure thats how we'll do it..., might make some heat shields like the exhaust has to dress it up or might put it through the blower belt so its a straight shot from the motor to the radiator ( that is after we get the motor tuned and don't have to remove the blower belt!) I won a Hunt Mag on ebay for get this, $45.00 shipped! It works great, but we decided that for the street we'd rather run one of Hunts lookalike mags, so thats been bought along with all the internal engine parts. All of the wiring has been run, just need to tape and heat shrink it. We got a radio that is Ipod compatible and mounted it under the seat so we should be able to control it (volume and songs mostly) from the Ipod.

Anywho, the weather is getting cold again, so he's not sure if he'll get the block painted and assembled this year or not (he's got a heated shop where he can work on his 1950 Packard Leadsled with 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII drivetrain) :yay:

Those are some cool details on your ride. :thumbsup:

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack up updates; the majority of the fab work is done and the car/frame has been stripped for final welding when the weather warms up a little. But in the meantime my brother assembled the motor in the heated shop where he works...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back