Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

1950 f100 spindles?

smokeyco75

This really isn't T related but some of you folks may be able to help. My Aunt has a 50 Ford f100 with the original front axle and suspension. When her ex husband had it the left spindle broke at the steering arm and he had it welded instead of replaced. Now my Aunt owns it and rightfully she is afraid to drive it. I have found her used spindles on fleabay but she is hoping to find new ones. Does anyone have a source for them? I tried to talk her into a more modern setup but she wants to keep the originality of the truck. Any help is appreciated.

Smokey,

If you want New Old Stock you might try Stacy Brown in Arlington, Texas. He has over 20 big warehouses with nothing but NOS parts. He does not deal in any used parts. I have known him since the early '70s and he just keeps buying. Be sure to look at the you tube video attached below. He told me that is the #2 watched video on Bob Phillips Texas Country Show. Care to guess #1? One other thing. Ask him what inclusive years to look for that spindle just in case you have to buy used. There is nothing wrong with used but you might want to get them magnafluxed for cracks. One other thing. His computer is in his head and he's not much of a web site or email guy. After all, at Stacy's it's still 1950! Good luck with your search.

George

Antique Auto Supply
1225 Colorado Ln, Arlington, TX 76015
(817) 275-2381

http://www.antiqueautosupply.com/

1950 Ford pickup is an F1...not an F100 which came along in 1953 IIRC.
They don't interchange so naming them properly will help prevent confusion and maybe a wrong order!
The steering arm unbolts on the drivers side spindle so it can be replaced if thats what actually cracked.

Id probably describe the truck right if it was mine. The year should be sufficient. Anyhow, the spindle arm broke taking part of the spindle with it. At least that is how it was described to me. Thanks for the source Fluidfloyd. I will check it out. If not maybe there is another option out there.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back