Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

23 GT in Sept Hot Rod

fordsbyjay

Anyone see the 23 GT in Septembers edition of Hot Rod magazine? I don't care for track T's but it one of the nicest I have ever seen with IFS.

http://23-gt.com/overview.htm
hrdp_1009_01_o+bill_hollands_23_gt_hot_rod+side_view.jpg

hrdp_1009_02_o+bill_hollands_23_gt_hot_rod+rear_view.jpg

hrdp_1009_05_o+bill_hollands_23_gt_hot_rod+hand_made_grille.jpg

hrdp_1009_03_o+bill_hollands_23_gt_hot_rod+front_coilover_and_billet_rocker_arm_actuators.jpg

hrdp_1009_07_o+bill_hollands_23_gt_hot_rod+running_through_the_cone_test.jpg

Personally I think the track-T style lends itself well to a tube-style IFS like that one.
Very "race-car-ish".
That's a pretty car.
I also don't usually care for the track-T nose, but that one seems appropriate on the car.
Aren't opinions great?

A T Bucket it is not, a Street Roadster it is, too bad that while building such a nice looking car, you would have thought they would have made the driver sit lower?? ya think?? and there is something very important hanging a bit too low in MHO, in the center of the chassis, like oil pan or ring rear?? That is a very unnecessary thing to have happening... in this Day and age... :hooray:

A T bucket it is not?? :down::sob:

Ted,

My oil pan, bell housing, tranny, and alternator are all a lot lower than anything on that great looking ride. Needless to say I don't go off road and avoid speed bumps. I would not mind a little more ground clearance but sure like the way it cranks through the twisties on the mountain roads I drive.

Bob

A T bucket it is not?? :down::sob:
Sorry but I relate the T Bucket to a short pickup bed, not a Turtle deck, just is a whole different car to me, Both look great, don't get me wrong... Just that all the early wild T Buckets were short and pickups on a very wild rack... I guess I am just from the old school in my thinking... I do love a lot of these low Turtle deck cars Roadsters, but then again, I always called mine a T Roadster with out the top, and a T Bucket with the top on... I am just a bit crazy, and getting a bit older everyday... :) Just drive safe in whatever Rod you have, they are all fun...

That IFS looks a wee bit on the light duty side for my tastes.

I'm sure it's fine for city streets but I have a four hundered foot dirt and rock drive way leading to a dirt, rock, boulder and gulley road that is really rough due to heavy rains and infrequent maintenance. The road gets so bad, I've thought about running helicopter tours of it as an attraction. It's more of a canyon than a lane these days.

However, I do think this car is very well done and I can see where IFS is going to become more popular. It's the one of first I've seen where IFS really looks good. This and Gerry's (UK) suspension have my little gray cells perculating.

That IFS looks a wee bit on the light duty side for my tastes.

I'm sure it's fine for city streets but I have a four hundered foot dirt and rock drive way leading to a dirt, rock, boulder and gulley road that is really rough due to heavy rains and infrequent maintenance. The road gets so bad, I've thought about running helicopter tours of it as an attraction. It's more of a canyon than a lane these days.

However, I do think this car is very well done and I can see where IFS is going to become more popular. It's the one of first I've seen where IFS really looks good. This and Gerry's (UK) suspension have my little gray cells perculating.

For whats its worth (IMHO) I think its a really well done great car. I say car because having a T body does nt make it a rod. Bet it goes like hell, corners like its on rails, starts very time etc etc. . But so does our XFire!!
I would put it in my garage so long as it was behind the Bucket, a 32 Deuce, T Bird and about 10 other cars I want. Come on those 7 numbers where are you.

" a T-bucket it's not"

Not ALL Model T's are "buckets" ..... I'm sorry, But a quote like that is going to
open a large can of worms.
Everyone has their own idea of what a model T should be, So lets just enjoy a
well built car and try to get ideas on making our rides better....

Ted,

My oil pan, bell housing, tranny, and alternator are all a lot lower than anything on that great looking ride. Needless to say I don't go off road and avoid speed bumps. I would not mind a little more ground clearance but sure like the way it cranks through the twisties on the mountain roads I drive.

Bob
Bob, Remember that a straight axle will out corner an IFS or IRS any day of the week, and do not bring up Indy or Grand prix cars, because they are in all reality very close to the same as a straight axle, with only 1/2" suspension travel... But they (IRS-IFS) ride nicer in most cases... any time a tire tilts over at all, it is getting to the out of control point, not as much rubber holding on to the roadway... :rolleyes:

T bucket, fad T, track roadster, etc. They are all just a little bit different. I don't consider this one a T bucket and for sure not a fad T. It really doesn't matter though what you call it, it's a nice car and I'd love to have it sitting in my garage!

T bucket, fad T, track roadster, etc. They are all just a little bit different. I don't consider this one a T bucket and for sure not a fad T. It really doesn't matter though what you call it, it's a nice car and I'd love to have it sitting in my garage!

x2

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back