Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

26-27 unstretched roadster pickup body?

rodjr

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Does anyone here know of anyone who produces a standard stock size 26-27 rpu body? i have been searching and have found several, but all are stretched. I have considered shortening a stretched body and will if i have to, but i would rather find a stock sized one. Zippers makes one but with oversize doors, a 34 cowl and a $4k price tag. any help would be appreciated.

Wintec Fabrication did sell one but the last time I looked I did not see it in the online catalog.

So i found a real 26-27 touring front half missing the panel behind the front seat. I have been looking to see if i can find this panel in a repop, but i am a little confused on what you would call it? I am doing a lakes modified inspired build, so this approach would be fine for me. Would $500 seem reasonable for real steel that is in reasonably good condition minus the panel? I would probably end up with $800 or so in it, if i can find a replacement panel.

There is one on Fleabay right now - $695 :

$_12.JPG

yes, i sent that guy 2 inquiries about measuring the length and if he would put it on a pallet, so i could send fedex freight to pick up. he will not reply back. Seems it would not be a big deal to throw a tape measure over it, but some people..........guess he doesn't want to sell it that bad.

Well, evidently he doesn't need to sell it.... Check with our guys here....

You can get the metal body parts and just put it all together. Its alot simplier to get one from Spirit or from Ron....and theirs won't rust on ya, and are lighter....plus you'll get papers that'll help out on your paperwork....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back