Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

27 T

Carolina Man

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I seen a 27 T at Spirit Ind and RPM. Just out of curiosity is the 27 T a bigger Body?

Yes a good bit more. longer and alittle wider. If you happen to have speedway catalog it gives the dimensions in it @ the 27 body.

It is a larger body- a little wider and a little longer. There are some lengthened or widened '27 bodies available as well.

I started with a '23 project, but ended up building a stretched '27 for more room.

If you're old and don't fold right like me, the 27 is the way to go. My back went to trash years ago and I can almost stretch my legs all the way out in mine. I have some friends with 23's and I can' even ride in them but I can drive the 27 all day.

Am I correct in assuming the frames are different for these two body styles? There's no way to put a '27 on a standard '23 frame, right?

Yes you are right, in general the 27 s a bit loner and some manufacturers taper them wider in the back. So it would be easier to use a frame designed for the type of body you want to use.

I wanted more room as well but didn't want the roadster body. I bought the 10" stretch body from RPM since I wanted the modified lakester look. It's a good body if you need more room for sure. From all my research the standard 27 is 3" wider and the cowl is about the same as my 23 stretch. Wintech also makes a nice modified style body that looks like the 27 but without the rear body and has 2 working doors. I was torn!

If you're old and don't fold right like me, the 27 is the way to go. My back went to trash years ago and I can almost stretch my legs all the way out in mine. I have some friends with 23's and I can' even ride in them but I can drive the 27 all day.

You're right with my back I barley fold.

Am I correct in assuming the frames are different for these two body styles? There's no way to put a '27 on a standard '23 frame, right?

Francis Blake said:
Yes you are right, in general the 27 s a bit loner and some manufacturers taper them wider in the back. So it would be easier to use a frame designed for the type of body you want to use.

Does the difference in frames leave more options for suspensions?

I don't think you will have any options for different suspensions, because it's really only about 10"s longer (the stretch 23 like rpm sells, or the 27 that is), and the 27 is about 3 inches wider. In my opinion the front and rear suspension options are exactly the same with both. I will tell you I'm only 5'6", and I have the rpm stretch body, and I've sat in the standard body, and there is a WORLD of difference in leg room even for a shorty like me. Some say they don't like the look of the longer body, I personally do. If you are going real low with the car like I am, the extra length is even more critical since my tranny will be almost sitting at floor level. The extra length gets your foot room past the bell housing which takes up a LOT of space in a low car. It's pretty much just your preference in body style and stance. Chassis are pretty much the same.

I don't think you will have any options for different suspensions, because it's really only about 10"s longer (the stretch 23 like rpm sells, or the 27 that is), and the 27 is about 3 inches wider. In my opinion the front and rear suspension options are exactly the same with both. I will tell you I'm only 5'6", and I have the rpm stretch body, and I've sat in the standard body, and there is a WORLD of difference in leg room even for a shorty like me. Some say they don't like the look of the longer body, I personally do. If you are going real low with the car like I am, the extra length is even more critical since my tranny will be almost sitting at floor level. The extra length gets your foot room past the bell housing which takes up a LOT of space in a low car. It's pretty much just your preference in body style and stance. Chassis are pretty much the same.

Thanks.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back