Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

29 fendered 23 C-cab

th_P9010005.jpg
Proud father of a 200 lb baby C-
694888363115_0_ALB.jpg
cab

I'm not seeing the pics .. help please!!!

The car on the cover of the Nov R&C might interest you.

Ron

Ron
I'm not sure why you don't see the pictures, they show for me. Let me know.........other Ron

The pictures show for you, because you are likely copy and pasting from your computer and putting them in your posts. You need to get a Photobucket account to upload your pictures to. When you do that, you will see an IMG Code box below your pictures. Copy that IMG code and paste it on the forum. Then we will all see your pictures with you. :thumb:

The free Photobucket accounts are easy to use and hold many pictures. I've got 44 pictures in mine and it is 1% full. Just be sure to choose the 640 X 480 size so they fit better on the forum. This option is available underneath the big blue box that says "Upload images & videos."

I hope this helps, because I didn't know any of this just 3 months ago. :cool:

Ruggs sorry I missed you. They told me you all set up the 29 fender package on the C cab and that it looked way cool. Now that I see the pic every one was right. It is way cool. I can't wait to see it finished!!!!!!! B.C.

Ok everyone,
I posted a couple of picture of my trip to Spirit, can ya see me now? ( located in my t-bucket photo gallery) I hope so, this is really a project that I'm excited about..............gettin tired of fabbing and painting for everyone except myself....................Ron

Good luck you have a great start. Please keep us updated with new pictures :ciao::D:D:D:D:D

George

Very cool project!! Keep us posted PLEASE!!!!!!

Ron

The latest update to the c-cab is that it is getting a 304 stainless chassis, not that I'm independently weathy but, the company building a new sewer plant for our town donated it to the cause. I've already started fabbing and will post some pictures when I change to Photobucket. The only problem with the whole thing is that I need someone to recut some brackets for me out of 304 ss plate..........anyone that can do it?

Changed to photobucket.... maybe i'll get something besides the red X.
P9010007.jpg

When do you get to take your baby home?

Fordsbyjay...........yea thats Mtn. Home
putz, the body is in my shop. I'm currently fabbing the frame, I got lucky when I was given all my steel for the frame in 304 stainless. I really need to post a couple pictures but have been really busy. I'm going to be very proud of the chassis but working soley in ss .......ain't much fun

Haven't updated for a while and while it might seem like I'n not gaining much, I really am. My frame is cut to legth and mitered, rear axle removed from the donor with wheels and mock-up tires, started building the mock-up chassis out of wood so that I can make some changes and a whole lot of punching numbers into the calculator.Paul Horton of Welder series is working things out for my front crossmember and I have started on the simpler brackets that won't require a waterjet or laser. I have a lot of e-mails out requesting more specific measurements on parts. The only modification as far as the main body is concerned is that I am stretching the cowl by 6" so that a 90 degree pedal and master cylinder will fit under the dash. The cowl will also have a vent like that of a 32, it is a dummy and only for access to the brake fluid.With fenders and running boards I need all the space under the car for exhaust and fuel. T my amazement the only major modifications are to the front fenders. I'm really trying to be sure that the car makes an appearance at the 2010 mountain home bash..........ruggs
PA250009.jpg

Any progress is good perfection takes time.Keep us posted.

Hey ... what are those Deuce pieces doin in a T fab shop???? lol

Ron

Putz, thanks for looking.....Youngster, I've been doing restoration and hot rods for more years than I care to reveal. The 32 is a project that I'm working on for a friend. Cut out a plywood floor and alot of stick welded sheet metal to make it a bit more proper.Here is a photo of the floor with a 6" channel......ruggs
PA250012.jpg

I guess I should update every once in a while, looks like I'm not doing anything. The SS chassis is welded up, waiting on more parts. I bought shocks and some brackets from Ron Pope yesterday and have more coming from speedway. I don't know how some of you do it, between work and other obligation it's hard to find quality build time. I did find out that if you buy the ol'lady a big screen tv and a few things for her garden she doesn't scream about the big brown truck so much. Anyway the rear suspention and 9 inch rearend should be finished in the next couple of weeks. Then I can remount the body set the engine and trans in place so I can move to the front suspension.........ruggs
DSC01423.jpg
DSC01419.jpg
DSC01416.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back