Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

29 fendered 23 C-cab

Fendered C-cab is gaining every day (when Fed-X or the brown truck is running) can't finish one thing without the other. So far I'm proud to say I have purchased parts from every sponsor of this site. Everyone has been great............ruggs
DSC01434.jpg
DSC01433.jpg
DSC01432.jpg

Nice looking power plant. Not quite nuclear but close.

Nice looking power plant. Not quite nuclear but close.
All the pretty parts are stashed, don't want the scratches.....ruggs

Hey all,
More parts keep coming and the more that they come the more behind I feel. Why is it that everything I get is "some assyembly required" I wonder if I'll ever drive this thing.
One thing I noticed and that I need to voice (with all due respect)is that a comment in another thread came up to the effect of "thats not a bucket". In my humble opinion the chassis and the cowl section of these cars are virtualy the same, Henry just had a few different versions of what he was building. Now that I have that off my chest I'll get back to building................ruggs
DSC01437.jpg
DSC01438.jpg
DSC01439.jpg
DSC01442.jpg
DSC01444.jpg

Nice progress. I think your firewall needs a little trimming. I see you got the Ron Pope shock package Just remember snap ring pliers work best installing the snap ring on the shock. I learned this by chance then talked to Ron and he said that is the best and safest way without poking an eye out. Still a little dangerous though.

Nice progress. I think your firewall needs a little trimming. I see you got the Ron Pope shock package Just remember snap ring pliers work best installing the snap ring on the shock. I learned this by chance then talked to Ron and he said that is the best and safest way without poking an eye out. Still a little dangerous though.

Thanks for noticing Putz, I'll take your advice on the snaprings, they look like they could hurt ya.
Motor mounts will be welded in this weekend then I'm on hold until the radiator, waterpump. fan blade and uni-steer show up. Have to have all that before I weld in the front crossmember and hang the axle. Onece the major components are checked for clearance things should speed up........ruggs

Sometimes it seems ya work and work with no noticable progress then all of a sudden ''BOOM'' things come together. Great ain't it!!!!!

Ron

Very cool Ruggs :) a bucket with storage :thumb:

Sometimes it seems ya work and work with no noticable progress then all of a sudden ''BOOM'' things come together. Great ain't it!!!!!

Ron

you are so right Youngster,I finally started to have more build time since I posted a sign on the shop door. "Sundays and Holidays are mine....Don't ask" People are always coming by asking for me to weld this or fix that, its amazing how much of the day you lose. I've been on this project for 8 months now and plan on it moving under power at the 1 year mark. Hopefully that "BOOM" is only a few months away.....ruggs

I tell everyone visiting hours are from 3:00 to 6:00 Tuesday and Thursday.

Ron

I haven't posted about my project for quite some time so I guess I need to. Don't want anyone thinking the project went dead.
I have the 9" and all the rear susp. Ready to narrow when the mock-up gets further along, ladder bars are built and parts are pileing up. Just can't finalize one part without another. Got a little bout of prostrate cancer so for the last few months I haven't been able to work much not to mention that doctors and hospitals have really cut into my hot rod budget. Another 3000.00 and I'll find that "BOOM" that Yongster said would happen....Ron (ruggs)
08-21-10_1421.jpg
08-21-10_1422.jpg
th_08-21-10_1423.jpg

Fendered C-cab is gaining every day (when Fed-X or the brown truck is running) can't finish one thing without the other. So far I'm proud to say I have purchased parts from every sponsor of this site. Everyone has been great............ruggs
DSC01434.jpg
DSC01433.jpg
DSC01432.jpg
Hey
Who cares what people think. I was once told that no amount of bull sh*t would make my T as good as the premier league ones. So I built one that did..

One thing I noticed and that I need to voice (with all due respect)is that a comment in another thread came up to the effect of "thats not a bucket"

Ok For me its got a bucket cowl, its got a bucket body, its got a bucket chassis. Only difference is that it has a panel ass. Given the choice of being parked next to a 32, 34, 40 or 50 car its a no brainer. 15, 23, 27 C cab all belong in Bucket alley.
If you all disagree I have got it wrong. But any T is a good T and I love them all.
Gerry

Glad you beat that. I walk in relay for life at least one every year. Little progress is good though take your time you beat cancer now enjoy.

"a little bout of prostrate cancer"
Dang!!! Take care and do what you are told.

Obviously health is more important but it's a shame about the costs cutting into the budget.
I don't know how you folks do the hospital thing in the US, having to pay for everything like you do. I'll take our system any day.
I had a truckload of tests for my ticker in May. Stayed over night in ER. Stress tests (with and without dye). Meds. Dye-injected motion pictures of my heart at work and rest... and more. Cost to me directly (yes we pay for it in taxes but it doesn't equal).... zero $.
I had back surgery 5 years ago... zero $.
I'm not bragging. Just saying that I feel for you guys when it comes to medical costs.

Because of laws, it sucks to try to build anything here (not as bad a OZ) but when I hurt myself doing it I just crawl, roll or be rolled to the ER and they only ask for my medical card.

I hope the cancer is beat, done and gone.

BTW.. I love 29 fenders on just about anything. And the C-cab looks great... no matter what anyone calls it.

A C cab T, that is what I call it, like mine is a Track-T. All are T's. However, for grabbing the attention of others IMHO, the C cab does attract the attention not to mention being able to bring the cooler, chairs, and tools to the rod runs is sure handy. The medical insurance issue is something the folks in most all other countries have it much better than us poor smucks here in the States. As long as I was in the Merchant Marine, no problem, but during times of self employment I wasn't able to get private insurance at any price. Don't get me started on this because it is an area here in the States that we are really screwed up and on.

Sorry to hear of your "C" experience. I went thru that 3 years ago. I just have to keep a supply of popcycle sticks and duct tape on hand now :whisper:

Ron

Love those c cabs I thought at one time I would build one, but gotta make choices. I have a friend that has a really nice c cab that he put a/c in, modified a window unit to run on a 12 volt motor and set it in the rear. He travels some and has put 25000 miles on it in two years.

Thanks guy about your concern on my little heath issue but, this thread is all about a c-cab. The hotrod is alot like a drug or alcohol. When you focus on working on it it frees your mind of other things.
Some friends came to the shop today but didn't care for the stool and box holding the fender...they fixed it but I think the tire and wheel may be a little big........Ron (ruggs)
08-22-10_1648.jpg

Thanks guy about your concern on my little heath issue but, this thread is all about a c-cab. The hotrod is alot like a drug or alcohol. When you focus on working on it it frees your mind of other things.
Some friends came to the shop today but didn't care for the stool and box holding the fender...they fixed it but I think the tire and wheel may be a little big........Ron (ruggs)
08-22-10_1648.jpg

Hey Ruggs
Ive been told it can never be to big. LOL. Just look like a hugger fender to me. It will wear down all the high spots on the inside within about 10 mils or so. If you see smoke stop and let it cool down
Gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back