Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

32 Ford Grill Shell

Rick

VIP
VIP Member
I bought a chopped grill shell and its to narrow for my radinater kinda sticks up to high soooooooooooooooooo i'm widening it by 21/2 inches.heres some picks
PIC_0086.jpg

PIC_0087.jpg

PIC_0088.jpg

PIC_0089.jpg

PIC_0096.jpg

And to form the shape for the first coat of 'Glass i'm using good old duct tape.

lookin good Rick. one thing about it your radiator is round on top so it should set down nicely. The square top radiators wont fare so well in the 32 shells.

hope you shorten it also, hate to see it higher than your firewall... but it will be a super improvement over just the radiator by itself, color out front will be clean... :foottap:
It's already a 4" chop i'll see how it goes.

Looking good!
for future reference, dump the duct tape in favor of plain old masking tape. the resin won't make such a mess like it does with the glue used on duct tape. A piece of an old butter tub or similar container taped under the gap also works well to support the area of the addition, and resin won't affect that either.

Russ

Looking good!
for future reference, dump the duct tape in favor of plain old masking tape. the resin won't make such a mess like it does with the glue used on duct tape. A piece of an old butter tub or similar container taped under the gap also works well to support the area of the addition, and resin won't affect that either.

Russ
Thanks for the tips Russ.

Looks good Rick :jester:

Rick: Looks great. Get in touch with Thomas. We have 6 or 7 Buckets running around together now. Mine is being put back together now. Engine in tonight.

Hi
Once you have the fiberglass in
set the grill shell out in the HOT SUN for an afternoon
This will cook the fiberglass and any air pockets will bubble up to the surface
If you don't do this after you paint it they may bubble up and ruin a really pretty grill shell
Frank

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back