Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Another tunnel ram thread

Damn, I forgot to tell you, the dual quad upgrade for the FAST EZ-EFI is about $850....
Another thing that is a big selling point, this is compatable with the E85. The computer mapping adjusts to burn the crap correctly. I would still install a drainable fuel filter/waterblock to keep the water out of the system as much as possible.
Yes, these things are still pretty expensive, but a single 4 version can be had for about $1200-1400, which is doable for alot of folks, if you shop around.
With the better fuel mileage/performance, even with the cams we like to run, thats mighty attractive.

Last edited:
In a way I was disappointed with the normalcy of those 15 minutes. Starts and idles cold. Drives good, no drama. Would like to have more narrative on the install and things, maybe even prices. There has to be a way to put together an FI system (TBI) for less $6000.00. Also would cutting down the plenums or maybe making small adapters to mount the throttle bodies within a couple of inches to the lower part of the manifold be of any advantage. How much plenum volume does one need to comfortably power a 350 or 383 Chevy. Suppose it also depends on cam selection.

John
Hey, what 'bout two two barrels?
$6000???? The Pro Systems aren't that much....must've made sandwiches and coffee before startups.
Dual Quad system is really just a single system with a 2nd throttle body injector, and its own wiring harness w/Adaptors, gaskets, etc.
At $6000, damn, I need to raise my rates! hahaha.....

If I were going to do an EFI Tunnel Ram, I'd put the injectors in the runners as close to the intake head as I could. It gets the atomization close to the intake valve. Something like this. Those are 2000 cfm throttle bodies on top.

dartbigchief6.jpg

Last edited:
If I were going to do an EFI Tunnel Ram, I'd put the injectors in the runners as close to the intake head as I could. It gets the atomization close to the intake valve. Something like this. Those are 2000 cfm throttle bodies on top.

dartbigchief6.jpg
Yes, I agree, but if wanting to look oldschool, the TBI looks better. But, the MPI is always an option for the customers that want them....

The TBI's don't care if they're on a 550 horse smallblock or a 650 horse bigblock....the system will adjust. All you have to do is put the correct parameters in

Yes, I agree, but if wanting to look oldschool, the TBI looks better. But, the MPI is always an option for the customers that want them....

If your going for looks, Then EFI Shouldn't be a consideration. It's not easy trying to hide all the wiring required for EFI on an Open engine in a T-bucket.

If your going for performance, your less likely to have any one cylinder run lean or rich if the injectors are in the runners, especially on a tunnel ram.

If your going to make the investment in EFI, why not take advantage of everything it has to offer.

If your going for looks, Then EFI Shouldn't be a consideration. It's not easy trying to hide all the wiring required for EFI on an Open engine in a T-bucket.

If your going for performance, your less likely to have any one cylinder run lean or rich if the injectors are in the runners, especially on a tunnel ram.

If your going to make the investment in EFI, why not take advantage of everything it has to offer.
:coffee::thumbsup:
Also, theres more than one system, also. Theres also the Holley Terminator, which I like also. The wiring is a eyesore if your really looking for a Clean, Sterile look.
I have, on the last 3 I've had to install, I used a 'Raceway' wiring enclosure system to hide the wires, instead of the full splitloom stuff all over the place. I use the splitloom on the stuff like the sensors, then go to the raceway, and the stuff looks good enough. The Raceway wire enclosure has a bottom and the top snaps on, you've got Tee's, L's, 45's, Sq/rect. to round....
I just mount the bottom trough, run the wiring in it, use a stickem with a small wiretie here and there inside the trough, and snap the top cover on. That way 95% of the wiring is hidden from view, but still accessable. Theres several MFG'ers of the stuff, and even comes in alum. so you can polish it up to match your manifolds. Or Paint them....

http://www.cableorganizer.com/cable-raceway/plastic-basic-raceway.html

Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back