Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Another Wood Question

Alfwulf

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Our school project car came as a bare body. Ken Estes interior shell looks great but I'm hoping to build our own. I am particularly trying to divide the interior from the trunk.
So suggestions and pictures WELCOME.

Lee

Our school project car came as a bare body. Ken Estes interior shell looks great but I'm hoping to build our own. I am particularly trying to divide the interior from the trunk.
So suggestions and pictures WELCOME.

Lee

Lee: Here are a few shot of how I did it. I probably have some better ones, but my home computer is curently down, so I only have the ones I loaded on Photobucket. Anyway, I built a 1X1 seat back frame that has 2 kickbacks into the trunk area for strength, and is also tied into the body with some strapping. My seat back bolts to it, so it can be taken out at a later date if needed. The kickbacks help define the trunk sides and are securely anchored through the plywood floor. There is no flex and no gap at the seat. If you go this route, you will need to figure out the necessary angle to put the framing at as it will set the set back angle.

Bens27228.jpg

Bens27233.jpg

DSCF1652.jpg

DSCF1650.jpg

Lee: Here are a few shot of how I did it. I probably have some better ones, but my home computer is curently down, so I only have the ones I loaded on Photobucket. Anyway, I built a 1X1 seat back frame that has 2 kickbacks into the trunk area for strength, and is also tied into the body with some strapping. My seat back bolts to it, so it can be taken out at a later date if needed. The kickbacks help define the trunk sides and are securely anchored through the plywood floor. There is no flex and no gap at the seat. If you go this route, you will need to figure out the necessary angle to put the framing at as it will set the set back angle.

Bens27228.jpg

Bens27233.jpg

DSCF1652.jpg

DSCF1650.jpg

I have said it before and I will say it again
THATS ONE CLEAN T

In case your out there Ted... notice I said T and not 'bucket'
Gerry

Wow. Thanks Ben. I have look at your "Indy Album" many times. These under construction photos really help. That trunk seperation is part of what I was looking for. Because of the amount of space I actually have a right hand set of Mazda Miata seat adjusting rails.(release handle will be on drivers left. This is beacause there is no ONE personal owner this car (belongs to Polk County Public School system.) We are also using an early 90 Mustang GT tilt steering column.

Your 4 link rear suspension also served us as inspiration too :rolleyes:

Lee

Hehe Gerry, I knew just what you were talking about, I don't think anyone calls a 27 a bucket, yeah think? :rolleyes: Just like I gave up worrying about people calling their Engines, Motors, it will always happen, right or wrong, kinda like personal beliefs, to each his own... :no: That sure is a pretty Blue on that body...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back