Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Are you sure you wanna post this on youtube?

LarryH

http://www.jalopyjou...ad.php?t=588214

THIS VIDEO PORTRAYS DANGEROUS DRIVING DECISIONS WHICH ARE CERTAINLY NOT CONDONED BY ANY OF THE T-BUCKET FORUMS STAFF. - Mike

After careful consideration, the decision has been made to remove the video link from this site. - Mike

I saw this posted on another site yesterday. I guess that double yellow lines don't mean anything to this guy. Not only that but it really makes other street rodders look bad in the eyes of the public because of this guys need to show off the power of his ride. VERY IRRESPONSIBLE!

Jim

Not the smartest move passing in a no passing zone.

Considering that to be Deckoff.......,well maybe I should not say his name here, I would just hope noboby else is killed WHEN he wraps that thing around a tree or something else.................................. :suicide: :suicide:

JMHO........

Mike

Almost as smart as the bank robber that writes the note on his own deposit slip.....ruggs

What was the point of passing on the double yellow? I imagine every one of us has wrung one out on a twisty-windy at some point in time, but passing on a double yellow? That's just plain stupid and stunts like that are what get people injured and killed. Use your heads, people, there's no vehicle in the world worth dying in. To be honest, I really don't much care for the video being posted here, because I do not want anyone to get the impression we condone that kind of driving.

As for the spanking he got, he had it coming. I did have to chuckle when I read this post, though Some things never change. I guess this isn't the only forum where he records the statistics.

EDIT - I've added a disclaimer to the original post.

Gotta love the title of the HAMB thread though I think that "Dumb@$$ craving to become another traffic statistic" is somehow more apropos...

A tiger can't change his stripes...

Unless I'm wrong, it looks like he could not take the heat and has pulled his post from the H.A.M.B. Like they say,"if you can't take the heat get outta the kitchen".

Jim

I can't remember the exact line from Forrest Gump? Stupid is as stupid does or something like that. It is stuff like that that gives all of us hot rodders a bad name and reputation.
Remember what that famous philosopher of our time sez..."You can't fix stupid!" - Ron White

Bill Darr, Prez. of the NTBA is not impressed....

"At the events you and I have attended the one thing you talk about is how YOU are saving the planet and doing GREAT things for all of us. In this video you are breaking several laws and acting irresponsible. This is not what the NTBA is about. Don't post any more of this junk on our family site. NTBA President weelstang"

Bill Darr, Prez. of the NTBA is not impressed....

"At the events you and I have attended the one thing you talk about is how YOU are saving the planet and doing GREAT things for all of us. In this video you are breaking several laws and acting irresponsible. This is not what the NTBA is about. Don't post any more of this junk on our family site. NTBA President weelstang"

Poor "Ossifer", can't get him no love... :nono:

Remember what that famous philosopher of our time sez..."You can't fix stupid!" - Ron White
A buddy of mine had some t-shirts made up a few years back, with this very saying. He was addressing the N.H.R.A. with the shirts and they didn't particularly care for the commentary. The shirts rapidly became collector's items. And no, sad to say, I do not own one of them.

:cheer: Bill Darr's stock just rose several points, in my not-so-humble opinion. Out of curiosity, was this posted on the N.T.B.A. forum? If it was, I'm sure Bill will get a reply from dickofficer, explaining how it all played out well in the end, because he "taught" the youngster on the motorcycle a "valuable lesson". :rolleyes: You'll doubtless see the "two wrongs make a right" theory being applied. "I drove left of center, endangering two other vehicles on a double yellow, at speeds in excess of 100 MPH, because that is what it took to teach the young man a thing or two." I'm still trying to get a grasp on how twisted the logic has to be, to consider any of that acceptable.

As we have posted on so many occasions, nowhere are any of us given the right to endanger the lives of others by our thoughtless actions. And we all know how the headlines would have read, had someone been endangered, injured or killed. We would have read all about how a "street rodder" or a "drag racer" was to blame for all of it. And we all know the actions portrayed in that video are not the actions of either.

Poor "Ossifer", can't get him no love...
Yeah, but he's a legend in his own mind, so he don't needs him any love.

To be honest, I really don't much care for the video being posted here, because I do not want anyone to get the impression we condone that kind of driving.

I really hope you don't think the reason i posted this was because you think i condone that type of driving. I t was more about his attitude of " lookie what i did to teach that kid about reckless driving" than anything else and if you followed the thread you'll see most everyone spanked him pretty good. Sorry if you took it like i was condoning him.

Wow, When I saw the video, I just figured that you guys had different rules on double yellows to us down here.

As I say to anyone unfortunate to be in listening distance, hot rods NEED to have an annual run down a dragstrip. Its good for the car and good for the driver.
And timeslips give the ultimate bragging rights (or an unexplained variance of about 3 seconds when your "11 second" bucket runs reliable 14s)

:cheer: Bill Darr's stock just rose several points, in my not-so-humble opinion. Out of curiosity, was this posted on the N.T.B.A. forum

Yes it was posted there Bill was pretty upset the way it sounded

That whole post has been removed from the NTBA site as it has from the H.A.M.B. The video seems to have been removed from his own site as well. There is only a little bit of small talk about it there.

Jim

I really hope you don't think the reason i posted this was because you think i condone that type of driving. I t was more about his attitude of " lookie what i did to teach that kid about reckless driving" than anything else and if you followed the thread you'll see most everyone spanked him pretty good. Sorry if you took it like i was condoning him.
No, absolutely not. Apologies if that is the thought my words conveyed. I understood where you were coming from.

That whole post has been removed from the NTBA site as it has from the H.A.M.B. The video seems to have been removed from his own site as well. There is only a little bit of small talk about it there.
I just checked your earlier link to the H.A.M.B. and see the thread is still there, but has been closed. I would have loved to see if he made any rationalizations to Bill Darr, but I certainly cannot blame Bill for taking the topic down.

Guys, I'm pulling this video. The topic will remain, but I am going to pull the video out of the OP. It portrays some really bone-headed stunts and we don't need anyone thinking that is how we all think and drive. I'm certainly no fan of this cement-head, and if he's finally become too ashamed to show the video on his own site, there is certainly no need for me to show it here.

id10t.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back