Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Artillery Wheels

sstock

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Good afternoon,

I'm interested in other peoples opinion on using powder coated artillery wheels with a trim ring and Ford inscripted cap along with wide whites on a T bucket?
Thinking out loud here maybe use a 15 X 4" wide wheel in front with a 145R-15 tire and a 10R15 Diamond Back Drag Radial.
Sounds interesting but I dunno, what do you all think?

I like the size or the wheels and tires, but I can't remember ever seeing wide whites and artillery wheels together. You can start a trend! Where are you getting 4" wide wheels? That is what I want when I rebuild the coupe.

Go for it. Make sure they are up to the job, though
Gerry

Could you post a picture of the wheels?

Ron

Here is a pic of some artillery wheels and wide whites. The wheel smith make repro wheels down to 4.5" widths up to 14" wide:
2405763_849aeeb6-8b0b-45d9-84e3-10adf5c59c7a.jpg

What do you think guys?

Yeah!!!! That looks good!!!!

With that type of body I would have gone to some kind of aluminum wheel though. Kinda like mixing themes. JOM

Ron

With that type of body I would have gone to some kind of aluminum wheel though. Kinda like mixing themes. JOM

Ron
Would you be thinking more like on a car from 1930 - 1940? Just curious.

Ron

About the only non nostalgia thing on that car is the laid back windshield. That can easily be fixed with new windshield posts ( of course only if that was the owners choice). Nice car regardless. The wheels are cool too.

I could get past the windshield, it's the box I'd have issue with. The wheels screem traditional as do the carbs and the rake. The box says now or even futuristic. Guys it's just my opinion.

Ron

What a GREAT color. Lovely bucket and very cool as well. Got to agree with Ron. If it was mine (and it would be a pleasure to own it) I would have to loose the bed and put an OVAL tank out back. Yep I did say OVAL tank
Gerry

I could get past the windshield, it's the box I'd have issue with. The wheels screem traditional as do the carbs and the rake. The box says now or even futuristic. Guys it's just my opinion.

Ron

That box is definitely different. I just figured I wasn't "old" enough to know if that was cool or not before I was born
:p

Cool is in the eye of the builder. Its what the guy who built it wanted so its Valid, for him/her
Gerry

What a GREAT color.
Gerry

Gerry,

Here in the US, we call that color "Taxi cab puke yellow". It just looks awful on most cars. Just AWFUL! In fact, it makes you want to puke! Hence, the descriptive name. I have a C5 'Vette roadster that is white, and my neigbor has one just like it that is "Taxi cab puke yellow". I love my white one, I hate his puke yellow one. Same car, different color. See, what I'm saying is that color is just terrible on a car. Terrible, terrible, terrible. And, did I forget to mention that Taxi cab puke yellow is a bad color to paint a car? I sure hope not...

HOWEVER, it seems on a 'T' bucket, I must agree with you, it looks fantastic! Seriously, I love it, and the shade of yellow Chevy chose for the 'Vette is a bit darker, making it more like the actual Taxi cab color. This lighter shade is just great! Good choice on a very nice bucket...

Corley

Gerry,

Here in the US, we call that color "Taxi cab puke yellow". It just looks awful on most cars. Just AWFUL! In fact, it makes you want to puke! Hence, the descriptive name. I have a C5 'Vette roadster that is white, and my neigbor has one just like it that is "Taxi cab puke yellow". I love my white one, I hate his puke yellow one. Same car, different color. See, what I'm saying is that color is just terrible on a car. Terrible, terrible, terrible. And, did I forget to mention that Taxi cab puke yellow is a bad color to paint a car? I sure hope not...

HOWEVER, it seems on a 'T' bucket, I must agree with you, it looks fantastic! Seriously, I love it, and the shade of yellow Chevy chose for the 'Vette is a bit darker, making it more like the actual Taxi cab color. This lighter shade is just great! Good choice on a very nice bucket...

Corley

Corley, Funny, I was sitting here laughing at this thread. I forgot all about the yellow taxicabs. But, it does seem to work on this roadster. I painted some boats this color that looked awesome. And I'm also with you on the Corvette. It's a big NO.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back