Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

As if the snowfall was not enough

I wish it would quit snowing in Indiana too. We are having a trailer built at Forest River trailers in Elkhart and the snow there keeps changing the delivery date. 2 weeks late now.

As bad as business has been for a lot of those shops, I should think they would be hustling, trying to get a deal closed. A lot of the trailer suppliers up that way have closed down, in recent years.

Keep your eyes peeled for the buggies, up that way, as that is Amish country.

EDIT - Ron, you won't like hearing this, any more than residents up that way, but that part of the state is expected to get a monster snowfall, from Monday evening through Tuesday evening. They are talking about snowfalls between 1 and 2 feet. Nothing like lake effect snowfalls...

Last edited:
EDIT - Ron, you won't like hearing this, any more than residents up that way, but that part of the state is expected to get a monster snowfall, from Monday evening through Tuesday evening. They are talking about snowfalls between 1 and 2 feet. Nothing like lake effect snowfalls...

Oh that is just great. Last I heard it is supposed to be finished this Wednesday. That will change I am sure, probably another week.

Thankfully, we're only expected to get another inch of snow, here. But the phone call has already come, to let me know they want us to come in 3 hours early, tonight. Hmmm, three hours overtime, along with the two hour callback, comes to six and a half hours extra pay. OK, twist my arm.

The counties in the northern tier really get hammered this time of year, because of the winds picking up moisture over Lake Michigan. Fortunately, we are about 30 miles south of where it can start getting ugly from lake effect snows.

Last edited:
Not a lot of snow in IOWA , yesterday it was 47 degree got the ''T'' out drove it a short ride , 4 or 5 miles & put away . Got up this morning it was -8 degrees . change of weather ???????

After the shooting, things were pretty somber on campus, last night. There were still a handful of hard-core party people at the watering holes, but for the most part, campus was pretty much deserted. Of course, that might have had something to do with the fact it was -5°, last night, too. There was a candlelight vigil held up near the building where the student was killed, and attendance there was incredibly high. Several thousand people showed up for that one.

The regular class schedule resumes tomorrow, but for us, life goes on as usual. And it is snowing. Again. :mad:

Hope some of you aren't on propane like I am.. I just heard it doubled in price because of the transport pipe being changed over to transport oil. That means about 4.50 a gallon. Ya Hulk, your weather is almost like ours in Broken Arrow.
Lee

Lee, this propane shortage makes me wonder if it is not being artificially manipulated. Propane is selling for over $5 here, and that is if you can buy it at all. Because there is a major pipeline that was closed for 'scheduled maintenance'. Indiana has instituted some special allowances for drivers of propane tankers, allowing them to drive more hours, in an effort to help fill the need, but the fact remains there is a real shortage in supply.

When they know full well people are using propane for heat, why in the name of Pete would they close a pipeline in the winter months?

We're keeping our fingers crossed, here. When I went into work, last night, it was 39°. When I got off, this morning, it was 0°. Our forecast high for today was 1°, but we're up to a balmy 4° (wind chill -16°). They originally forecast our low for tonight at -21°, but now they are saying we will 'only' get down to -13°, with wind chill numbers in the -35° range.

I know nothing about energy prices but around here they say that propane prices are determined by how much the farmers use for drying their grain. On years that they can let it get the correct % in the field the propane prices are always low. Supply and demand I guess.

When they know full well people are using propane for heat, why in the name of Pete would they close a pipeline in the winter months?

For the same reason free popcorn is at the local watering hole?

Well down here in Florida..... it will be cold for a few days but supposed to be back in the 70's for the weekend! (sorry not trying to rub it in)

For the same reason free popcorn is at the local watering hole?
Solid logic there, no question.

Well down here in Florida..... it will be cold for a few days but supposed to be back in the 70's for the weekend! (sorry not trying to rub it in)
Yeah, but in a another 10-12 weeks, it will be Spring here, and you will still be living in Florida. ;) I've just never been a big fan of Florida, myself. I really enjoyed myself at Disney World, but other than that... Yeah, you guys aren't dealing with all the snow and sub-zero temperatures, but even that was never a big enough attraction to get me to move down that way.

Then again, we are predicted 1-3" of new snow on Friday, 1-3" of snow on Saturday and 3-5" of snow on Tuesday, so what is so wonderful about living in the Great, White North, aye? :(

Last edited:
Then again, we are predicted 1-3" of new snow on Friday, 1-3" of snow on Saturday and 3-5" of snow on Tuesday, so what is so wonderful about living in the Great, White North, aye?

It's the change of season we all enjoy so much that keeps us up north. Right???

We <sigh> picked up another 4.5" snowfall, yesterday, and as if that was not a big enough pain for everyone, we also had this mess occur -

Semi fire, multiple crashes close I-65

That was about 3-3.5 miles from where I'm sitting.

Only 61 more days until Spring.
SNOW DOWN SOUTH Multiple crashes I-65 closed today around Birmingham, Alabama Toward the southern part of state. We got around 2.5 inches here in central part of state, but more snow toward the south to Florida. Can you say weird!! Will be around 9 degrees tonight. I know that's not anything strange to you guys but this is the deep south. People down here just don't know what to do. Made for good T.V. reports though. Stay warm guys. Oh by the way the high Friday is 63

Just like bigblk says - it is pretty bad here in Bham and probably won't get much better because any snow on the streets that was melted by traffic has already frozen and it won't get much above freezing tomorrow. It looks like it will improve by Thursday afternoon and be warm Friday but maybe with some rain. People don't know what to do - I watched a bunch of drivers trying to get up the hill in front of my house and some actually made it but a number of them couldn't and had to leave their vehicle and walk out. Front wheel drive was good and 4-wheel best. I thought I left this behind after living in Colorado and Minnesota but we do occasionally get a taste of it here. My wife and are lucky not to have to try to get to work - both retired.
Lou

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back