Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Axlle problem

Al,

LOL. Well, I wasn't sure you guys would want to see a sportscar on a T-bucket site. When I get home I'll get one posted with some kind of disclaimer...maybe I'll blame it all on you. :>)

Blame me too. I like those little zippers also.

So, I'm still waiting for the return of my spindles. While I'm waiting, at the risk of being way off topic (and not "T" related), LumenAl and Todd asked to see photos of my other toy. It's a 356 Speedster replica that I finished building back in '93 and it's been on the road ever since. T bucket purists might want to turn your eyes away. :eek:

Speedster_2.jpg

Speedster_3.jpg

Speedster_4.jpg

Bruce

WOW! what a pet for your T! that's really cool. everyone turn your heads back. you don't want to miss this stunna. what can you tell me about those seats?

Ron

Sweeeeeeet, :drool: Sorry, I'm drooling again.

see track, we got cooth around here!

Ron

Re: Axle problem

Thanks for the compliments guys, it's been a fun car.

Ron, I hadn't thought about it but those seats would probably look good in a T. They actually came with the kit, they're fiberglass shells that came with all the foam, vinyl coverings and carpet for the back. I heard this was one of the tasks of building these cars that most guys screwed up (and eventually had to buy other seats) so I took them to an upholsterer and he assembled them - money well spent. I think they are comfortable but not too comfortable if you're wide in the beam. :lol: The company that sold this particular kit went out of business several years ago but there are a few others around. If you're intereted I'll get some details and get back to you.

Bruce

Hey, he is really into it. I just noticed the driving gloves on the dash.

i would be willing to bet he has a "pot" brain bucket too!

Ron

"back in the day", we used to use Austin Healy buckets in chopped and channeled A's and in T's. i've been watching for a set for two years. there was a pair of backs and the bottom frames that sold yesterday for well over $250! i'll keep looking 'til i find a set for TKO. can anybody give me some leads?

Ron

I got the spindles back from the machinist yesterday. He did a nice job. I have a few other pending projects right now but hope to get these back on early next week. BTW, the reason I couldn't seperate the spindles from the backing plates was the PO used the wrong bolts so the washers pressed steel flashing over the union between the two parts. The machinist was able to press the two apart.

Ron,

Are you just looking for Austin Healy seats or leads on any kind of buckets? I agree it would be nice to have the seat back hinged so you can swing them forward. Some of these seats hinge forward at the seat bottom so that also might be an option. FYI, I sent you a PM on a set of Healey seats.

Bruce

i started to build a set myself yesterday. money's a little tighter now that i'm retired so after seeing what they're going for on the bay..... i'm taking pics and will post them if they pan out.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back