Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

balcy's t bucket build

balcy3

View attachment 6949View attachment 6950 View attachment 6944View attachment 6946View attachment 6947View attachment 6948 Right think I have worked out the pixs I should have taken more pixs at the start. This is where I started I worked off some ccr plans to build the chassis. I used a jag rear end and have used a 3.8l ecotec engine from a holden commodore. This is pretty much a buick engine. Transmission is a 4l60e . I'm running the ecu for this engine. As I post more pixs you will notice that things were changed for certification people. Sorry about the sequence can't seem to change it can only get better one would hopeView attachment 6943

080.jpg

Great progress looks like it will be really nice when done. Steering box is farther forward than most but every bucket is different.

some more pics of steeling out my body etc
IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

You don't have to steel out the body in New zealand yet.although I do suspect it will happen .
I Had fun doing it as engineering comes more easily than woodwork and it added alot of strength to body.
I built the frame work then cut it in half fitted it and urethaned it to the body welded the bottom section in and
bolted the front and rear as per pixs seemed to come up okay.

VERY nicely done! I, too, favor steel reinforcement as I built my T the same way. I used no wood in its construction. I also foam filled the inner panels and after sanding and shaping them I covered the foam with several layers of "glass". In so doing, it is much like the hull of a fiberglass boat, very solid and strong.

Jim

Hey balcy3 nice work, what steering box are you using????
It's out of a ht holden kingswood built in Austrailia. It's a little big but thats what I had. I'm working on steering shaft column etc at the moment looking as though it will work quite well. Although being rhd and a v6 it's quite tight for room done thet side a lhd would have heaps more room.

I'm in OZ, yeah the Holden box is a bit big. Datusn 180B is a good size but getting harder to find. Suzuki do a small one, just trying to find what model for my current project.

Kids are in bed so it's time to post some more pixs
IMG_0429.jpg

After steeling out the body I then wanted a different lok around the top edge so I capped it with wood
IMG_0403.jpg

There was a bit of work in getting the curves done
IMG_0465.jpg

next was the fuel I wanted a drop tank look this will carry about 80 litres probably
won't fill to the top with fuel being over $2.00 a litre
IMG_0438-1.jpg

IMG_0437-1.jpg

I would consider building some protection for that tank. I extended my frame rails to surround the tank for some protection in case I'm rear ended.

IMG_0669.jpg

With the body mounted everything is hidden.

IMG_2719-1.jpg

Jim

When the cert guy insprcted it he wanted some protection and I had considered it anyway so I built a frame around it then folded up some alloy to make it look cool. will post some pixs soon.

very nice build so far love seeing project pictures...makes me get excited to start my build

Don't want to hijack the thread but EX Junk - what size tires are you running on your bucket with and without body, love the stance. Thank you.

In the picture without the body I had 275/60x15" on 10" rims. After running them for a couple of years, I changed the tires to 285/70x15"s.

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back