Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Be VERY careful out there.

Well that was nasty. It didn't look good but I hope they survived that. Seat belts are as equally as important as knowing when to let off the throttle. I've always felt that these cars are only marginally safer than motorcycles with two differences. One is not having to put my foot down at stop lights and two, they will make it easier for the first responders to find my body.

2012 at the NTBA Nationals in Chattanooga. One of the members and his wife are cruising down I-24, probably at 65 mph. One of the rear radius rod front mounts break at interstate speed. The bucket makes a hard left turn and hit the center concrete divider at about a 45 degree angle. The driver was thrown into the dash and windshield and was just bruised really bad. His wife was thrown out of the car and head first into that concrete wall. She was in really bad shape and we did not think she was going to make it. I think she spent 6 weeks in the hospital in Chatt and was released to take an ambulance ride back home. A terrible experience for everyone. I don't think they have gotten back into T Buckets at all.

I would think that proper installation and use of seat belts would have lessened the injuries. IMHO

Jim

Yes I was there and the bucket body never did leave the frame. So if they had been belted she may have at least stayed in the car......He did rebuild the car but I don't think she ever rode in it again, yet.....

Reactions: RPM
Yes I was there and the bucket body never did leave the frame. So if they had been belted she may have at least stayed in the car......He did rebuild the car but I don't think she ever rode in it again, yet.....
I hope that he has learn a valuable lesson and has installed seat belts and USES them!

Jim

What broke exactly? Did the ball pull thru its' housing? no safety washer? Did the housing break? When Ron made my Radius rods for the rear, I had him weld some safety straps on in case of a heim failure.

Edit: I just reread what Ron posted, and it was the mount itself. wow Just a reminder, go thru your bucket every so often and check everything!

What broke exactly? Did the ball pull thru its' housing? no safety washer? Did the housing break? When Ron made my Radius rods for the rear, I had him weld some safety straps on in case of a heim failure.

Edit: I just reread what Ron posted, and it was the mount itself. wow Just a reminder, go thru your bucket every so often and check everything!
The weld on the frame bracket broke.

You can never check out your car enough.........If you get a chance ask someone else that knows what they are looking at to check it out for you.........it will never hurt to have a second set of eyes........Merry Christmas..................

Reactions: RPM

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back