Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Bed flanges

butch27

I have a separate bed and body and made my flanges. I glassed them to the BED and bolted to the body. They have separated slightly from the bed by vibrations . Any ideas of what to use to secure the FLANGES to the BED?? Thanks

What are the flanges made from? Spirit has some kind of a bondo type stuff they use to secure metal to glass. I would think a fiberglass supply place would have it also.

You can use an epoxy filler[not polyester] to secure your flanges , epoxy bonds better than poly........
marine -tex is an epoxy filler

i've used in the pastw/success..
dave

My battery was originally mounted to the spring perch with the floor cut away for clearance. Due to repairs from getting rear-ended, I had to temporarily mount the battery in a box attached to the floor. Bad idea. The weight of the battery caused the decklid to thrash violently, bending the T-handle latch and tearing the steel (it's real T turtledeck) where it mounts to the tub. Your battery must be isolated or it will destroy your turtledeck. Your glassed flange will be fine as long as it's not supporting a battery.

I, too, have a turtle deck on my car but the way I mounted my battery to the frame is applicable to either a deck or a pick up box.

Granted, it is a little more difficult with a deck than a box because of the smaller access space so I made my floor removable in two pieces. By removing one half of the floor the battery is able to be pulled back to the deck opening and lifted out. In doing it this way the body carries absolutely no weight of the battery.

Jim

Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back