Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Blow by?

I got Cal Custom finned covers and there is no way in heck I was gonna drill a hole in them like I have seen others done. I got some Offenhauser 90 degree bolt-on breathers and mounted them to the side of the covers. Plus that is how I add oil. Unscrew the top lid of the breather, remove the screen and foam and add oil.

Wild Mango said:
Depending on the inlet manifold you can usually find a place to drill and tap a fitting to put a PCV valve in to pull case fume from the lifter valley.
I don't like sucking crank case fume into the intake system because it can fill the intake tracts up with tarry doos.
SBC's tend to "breathe" a bit so the best solution is to use one of the Speedway kits that give you a couple of 1 1/2" baffle tubes and filters to go on top - put 'em in the valve covers, I just use one each side at the back but two per side at each end of the cover look pretty cool and work fine.

Mango.........YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!------------What he said!-------:)

Wild Mango said:
Depending on the inlet manifold you can usually find a place to drill and tap a fitting to put a PCV valve in to pull case fume from the lifter valley.

Thats what i have, the pcv is in the intake under the coil where its hard to see.

Yea.....the PCV in the intake is cool.......then you can put the racing filters out there on the valvecovers.............looks killer! Or the crome vented breathers......makes for great adding oil..........screw your little plastic curved neck on your oil bottle and flop it in there.........

But an oil filler on the intake and clean valve covers looks good too.

IMG_0113-21.jpg

Bruce.....don't do that to me....Your making me drool with those smooth valve covers!!!!!!!!:razz:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back