Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Brake pedal dimension from firewall

Bobt

Great site...this is my first post. I am installing my brake pedal / master cylinder assembly. I have the speedway motor assembly. I want to get info from those that have been there & done that (want to do it right the first time).:cool: I want to cut the hole in the floor right the first time. What is the distance from the firewall to the front of the pedal arm? THANKS!!

I am also using the Speedway set up. The opening for my pedal arm measures 5/8" x6" and starts 2" from the inside of the firewall. Since the arm measures 3/8" that gives me 1/8" clearance on either side of the arm.

Your measurements may vary some from mine depending on where you mount your pedal assembly on your frame.

I always try and keep the brake padal as close to the firewall as possible, as long as there is no interferance, and I put a piece of wood at an angle in that area, make the padal when travel is at it's fullest, touch the floot in that area. It really should never hit, unless you need the brakes bled. I notice way too many people have their padals mounted too far from the firewall, hard to get your foot on it that way... Look at my pics of my floors, that setup has taken me sometime to get just right, but that is super comfortable and very easy to operate...

I think this is the pic you are talking about

l_7f3a2d755cfc9dece5fae70e40ef1b51.jpg

Bobt said:
Great site...this is my first post. I am installing my brake pedal / master cylinder assembly. I have the speedway motor assembly. I want to get info from those that have been there & done that (want to do it right the first time).:cool: I want to cut the hole in the floor right the first time. What is the distance from the firewall to the front of the pedal arm? THANKS!!

I will have to see what you are talking about, with a pic. do they have it in their cat? or do you have one? Pictures are worth a thousand words...

Ted Brown said:
How did you find it? took me a while myself, then to be able to post it, you are real good at this task.. Thanks sooo much, hope I learn how to do this...

Well, I packed a lunch and couple canteens of water..........:lol:
Just kidding, but it was a hunt. I knew I had seen it before.
To post from another place on the web, click on the pic and a box comes up, click the line properties, there should be an address that ends in (.jpg), copy that, then come into the thread post, click on the yellow box with the mountain in it, paste the copied address from the pic in there and click OK, It should show in the box where you are typing.
Why would anyone want to leave Minnesnowta?

My Brake pedal moves down only, not forward, this lets you keep the pedal pad much closer to the firewall.. and I have short legs, so for guys with LEGS, this is a MUST! They really need one of the longer bodies... or sit up higher like in a chair, but this is not as comfortable for drivin.. Yes?

Bobt said:
Todd I am not able to see photos that you attached??:confused:

Thats wierd, it comes up for me. In Teds my space, it is under pics, then something like build photos, something like 4 rows domn 3 columns in, the pic on that page looks like an ackerman drawing, its in there.

I have now posted two pics of my master cly setup, either for a stick or a duel master with balance bar, not shown, then using only 1 pedal and two pads, 1 pad for the left foot and 1 pad for the right foot. both at different angles.. comfort, comfort, comfort... number 1 for a daily driver...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back