Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Brake time

AS long as it is safe and you are happy with it, that 's what counts. Just so there are no kinks ,cracks or leaks, and you have the correct flares, you should be good to go. The brake lines are inexpensive. If you don't like the way one looks, redo it.
Bill

I think you need to take an electrical course with conduit bending for about 6 months and then re bend all lines.:whistling::whistling::(:(:speechless::speechless:o_Oo_O Just kidding for all you have/need to worry about is not letting them be in the way of jacking up the car, exhaust, rubbing and that they are supported so as not to vibrate (clamp to frame) and harden enough to break. You're not building the Taj Mahal, It's a hot rod!!! And not a SHOW CAR------YET!!!

Yes, frankly I would be tempted to try again. What bender are you using? A good one is not
very expensive, about $50. I've have this one and like it.

Good Luck!

Imperial_Bender_FH370.jpg

Thanks Jim !

I finished the lines to the rear drums today. Just the line to the passenger side front to do. It's probably wise to hold off fastening the lines to the frame until after I make sure the lines don't leak.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-8.jpg
    FullSizeRender-8.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1691.JPG
    IMG_1691.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 54
Yes, frankly I would be tempted to try again. What bender are you using? A good one is not
very expensive, about $50. I've have this one and like it.

Good Luck!

View attachment 14864

I have a similar bender as well as numerous others... small, large, half the time I free hand it. I have quite a bit invested in tubing tools, hydraulic flair tools, etc... takes practice.

The longer you mess with these things the more tools, parts, things and junk you collect. And you still need more!

No offense, it's just that you have to use your imagination to use parts from one car to another to make things work safely.

Example---why use a Corvette master cylinder for a T-Bucket? Or a Mustang single bowl master cylinder for a T-Bucket?

Because they will work!! Not junk if that's all you have.

Even I use old engine/tranny parts to make special trophies for car shows so nothing goes to waste or re-cycled. You would be amazed at what you could do with junk.:):););):D:D:whistling::whistling:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back