Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Brujerizmo..my current project

I thought this was over with?Well,i guess not since people are still crying about it.Besides this was something that was between 2 people(i understand..this being the internet and all).Maybe my "kit car" comment was a little harshbut i didn't mean to twist up any panties.
Bottom line,the "kit car" thing is over as far as i'm concerned and i'm sorry if i offended anyone.If you like the way my build is going,great..keep posting.If you dont,stay off the thread with your negative attitudes.Wheelin3,Youngster,Tfeverfred..once again..sorry..everything is kosher over here...:D"shake?"

As far as I'm concerned,that was a difference of opinion. Now, let's get back to why we ALL came here-T buckets!!!!!

It was a done deal long ago. Opinions were exchanged. That's what people do. Now, back to our regularly scheduled topic.... T BUCKETS!

Brujerizmo, cool looking build

So a few days ago i went out and bought my shifter(23" Gennie),windshield,and radiator(1966 Mustang).Today,i installed the shifter and put the windshield in place.I have to say,i'm so glad i went with the Gennie over the Lokar i was going to get.The install literally took about 15 minutes.I also like the way the shift pattern is on the Gennie as opposed to the Lokar.(personal preferance i'm sure)

100_9385.jpg

I even threw on the knob that has been waiting for a home besides the shelf in my art studio....

100_9355.jpg

Next up will be the install of the radiator(hopefully this weekend).I propped it up on some styrofoam(came in the radiators box..haha)and threw the spare shell on so i can see where it's going to sit.What do you guys think about the height?I am about 1 1/2" out of line with the firewall(was shooting for level)but i guess its close enough...

100_9360.jpg

100_9361.jpg

The clearance between the fan and radiator is about 3/4"..but the radiator can go forward another 1/4" if i need to(which i think might be the case.....)

100_9351.jpg

..So what do you think fella's?Will i be ok with this height and amount of fan clearance?Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions you guys can give me.With any luck,this thing will make it to Paso(Santa Maria:rolleyes:)yet.........

Looks good to me. That Mustang radiator worked out well for you. I wouldn't worry about the height of the shell in relation to the firewall height. My shell is about 1" taller, but I have a saying about it. "If you're looking and measuring, you better be a judge for the AMBR or Cameron Diaz!"

"Yer car is sooo hot!"
celeb-diaz_26.jpg

Did you fab those zoomies? They look mean. Are you running baffles or open? They look like they'll keep the locals on edge.:D

The pipes are Sanderson Zoomies that i picked up from a guy who works there.He sells factory seconds on the side for $150-200.The one's i have are ceramic coated and go for about $650..And yes,they are louder than the Devil can scream.....:evil:

looks very nice and again sorry adout the confusion i caused, no hard fealings, would have posted sooner but i have been out of town looks like you will be on the road soon

Brujerizmo said:
The pipes are Sanderson Zoomies that i picked up from a guy who works there.He sells factory seconds on the side for $150-200.The one's i have are ceramic coated and go for about $650..And yes,they are louder than the Devil can scream.....:evil:

What ever happened to this guy?He always had some good input.

I don't know, but I would like to see an update on that T. Brujerizmo, If you're still out there, come on back!

Ron

Does anyone know what particular year Mustang rad fits in the rad shell?

I did get that part number for the ford tractor rad that Ron posted.

tfeverfred said:
Have you checked out the radiators in '64 to '66 Mustangs? I've read where guys are using them. You can get 'em at AutoZone for about $100. Check it out. Have 'em pull one and measure it, but I know I have read guys use 'em with Model a shells and they fit great.

i just quoted fred

Thanx Brucer. I see that both Mustang and Ford tractor rads fit the A-shell....wonder if any low budget rad might fit a T-shell.

Kool ride and some darn good fab work Brujerizmo! Keep doing what yer doing and keep us up dated. I bought one complete and have plenty of things to fiddle with.

I don't weld and am comptemplating a '27 T kit build some where down the road. It will either be another Total or a Spirit. That's me and I respect your scratch building expertise along with every one elses.

Every one has a different skill level.

The bottom line is we are keeping these kool cars on the road. Each car is unique and has the owners personality in its own way.

Cheers,
ACJC

I learned something new with each vist, a 64-66 Mustang radiator will fit in a model A shell.

TTT
Nice build. Sad when a project can build a good head of steam, then disappear:cry:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back