Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Champion Radiator

I bought a Champion radiator before I got my 32 grill shell....doesn't fit. The top and bottom tanks are too wide, front to back. So, depending on what shell you have, it might be OK. If you are using the 23 style shell I'm guessing it will fit.

I called and talked to a salesman and from the measurements it should fit my T shell okay.

Don't use the plastic strips that mount the fan to the radiator. They will rub through your aluminum radiator and cause a leak!

Don't use the plastic strips that mount the fan to the radiator. They will rub through your aluminum radiator and cause a leak!

That's part of the reason i need a new radiator. The po had installed an electric fan using those stupid plastic strips and the radiator looks like....well it tangled with a very angry fan. I've already had it mickey moused once because of those plastic strips. It sprang two leaks this weekend and i can't see spending another $35 having it "repaired". I'm ditching the electric fan and going with a mechanical fan. I hate electric fans on an open engine car. I hate the sound and i hate the looks.

<br>That's part of the reason i need a new radiator. The po had installed an electric fan using those stupid plastic strips and the radiator looks like....well it tangled with a very angry fan. I've already had it mickey moused once because of those plastic strips. It sprang two leaks this weekend and i can't see spending another $35 having it "repaired". I'm ditching the electric fan and going with a mechanical fan. I hate electric fans on an open engine car. I hate the sound and i hate the looks.<br>
<br><br><br>I agree about not using the plastic ties to mount an elec fan. Use a shroud or metal tabs. However, I prefer the elec fan on an open eng car for safety reasons. Also checkout T-pilot's accident at NTBA Nats this year on the NTBA site. He hit a pothole, the mech fan hit the pavement, bent a couple of blades, and killed his radiator.

....checkout T-pilot's accident at NTBA Nats this year on the NTBA site. He hit a pothole, the mech fan hit the pavement, bent a couple of blades, and killed his radiator.

Do you have a link? Looking at my T-Bucket there's no way my fan could hit the pavement. Even if the pot hole was big enough to swallow the entire car.

I ordered the radiator Tuesday and it was waiting for me when i got home from work today. It's a pretty nice looking unit.

I have them on mine. Been that way for 11 years. No Problems.

How are you guys mounting your fans without using the plastic ties? I just ordered a new Aluminum radiator and don't want any trouble.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back